Scheduled LAVH So nervous about what to expect. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So nervous about what to expect. So nervous about what to expect.

Unread 08-31-2011, 07:51 PM
So nervous about what to expect.

I am so nervous because I am having a complete hysterectomy. They are removing everything. I am so scared about being thrown into complete menopause at 32 and how it will affect those around me.

My surgery is scheduled for Sept. 12, 2011. I have suffered for so long, and I am ready for the constant pain to be over, but I am scared of not knowing what to expect. I feel overwhelmed and a little alone.

I could use all the support I can get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Re: So nervous about what to expect.

I am scared as well. My surgery date is September 20th. I have already had one ovary removed a few years back due to cysts. They refuse to take out the last one which I am ok with. I am having everything else removed. I wish you great luck. I know everything will be fine and I also know that the medications they have now are very good. Just think, no more pain and no more visits from Aunt Flo!! Hear is to a speedy recovery and a wonderful rest of your life pain free. Keep your head up!

Unread 08-31-2011, 08:06 PM

Thank you. I will be keeping you in my prayers. I am just so tired of the pain and of just being tired. I guess things just happened so quickly, even though this was something that I had wanted for years.

Thank you for the encouragement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2011, 08:54 PM

Hi there! My hysto (LSH) is scheduled for September 14th. I'm a little nervous about it, too, but mostly just glad that relief is on the way! I'm sure the nerves will kick into high gear when the date is closer, though. Anyway, just wanted to offer my support and let you know you can feel free to contact me anytime. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! We'll get through this!
Unread 08-31-2011, 09:55 PM

I am 12 weeks post op now and doing well. Pre op is a nerve wracking time.

Are your ovaries being removed because of cancer or cysts or another concern? Please be sure and get answers that you understand. If you have a choice, I suggest keeping them...even one.

If you have no choice in the ovaries' removal, be sure and start reading about all the different types of natural and synthetic helps for after the surgery. It may help you feel more empowered to know what to expect. I wish you the very best.
Unread 08-31-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain1 View Post
I am 12 weeks post op now and doing well. Pre op is a nerve wracking time.

Are your ovaries being removed because of cancer or cysts or another concern? Please be sure and get answers that you understand. If you have a choice, I suggest keeping them...even one.

If you have no choice in the ovaries' removal, be sure and start reading about all the different types of natural and synthetic helps for after the surgery. It may help you feel more empowered to know what to expect. I wish you the very best.
I am having them both removed due to cysts and the extensive scarring of endometriosis, which has left me in constant pain for over 5 yrs. I have just now been able to find a Dr that would do the testing necessary to find out what is wrong with me. I never had any answers before now. I just knew I was bleeding and cramping all the time.
This dr took the time to do all sorts of tests. Over a month ago, I had an endometrial ablation done and he also ran a scope. This is where he found that my body had been ravaged with endometriosis. The photos were horrible. So we decided on removing everything.
Thank you for your support.
Unread 09-01-2011, 01:17 AM

Hi,
  Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotalone View Post
I am having them both removed due to cysts and the extensive scarring of endometriosis, which has left me in constant pain for over 5 yrs.
I have endo too, and am also contemplating, well I actually have a LAVH/BSO (ovaries and tubes removed) scheduled for this month(not sure of exact date). I just wanted to let you know that there is an endo support forum on this website and you may want to read some of the comments and links before your surgery.
  Quote:
This is where he found that my body had been ravaged with endometriosis. The photos were horrible. So we decided on removing everything.
If your doctor decided to remove everything, make sure to tell him to get all the endo out that could be attatched to other places as well, because simply removing the uterus and ovaries does not get rid of endo. If any is left in you it will continue to spread and cause you pain, AND you will be in menopause, which would be aweful! Some docs think that the endo will die without the ovaries b/c no estrogen, but that is not true. There are many women on this website who have had endo post hyst. b/c docs did not remove all of it during their surgery. I understand why you want to do the surgery, I am hoping for good results as well, and I wish you the very best.
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:57 AM

I am so glad you have found a good, supportive surgeon. I have never had to deal with pain from endo. I think you are doing the right thing by preparing yourself as much as possible before surgery. It sounds as if you are going to have some relief when this is all done. Best wishes
Unread 09-01-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merr View Post
Hi,

I have endo too, and am also contemplating, well I actually have a LAVH/BSO (ovaries and tubes removed) scheduled for this month(not sure of exact date). I just wanted to let you know that there is an endo support forum on this website and you may want to read some of the comments and links before your surgery.

If your doctor decided to remove everything, make sure to tell him to get all the endo out that could be attatched to other places as well, because simply removing the uterus and ovaries does not get rid of endo. If any is left in you it will continue to spread and cause you pain, AND you will be in menopause, which would be aweful! Some docs think that the endo will die without the ovaries b/c no estrogen, but that is not true. There are many women on this website who have had endo post hyst. b/c docs did not remove all of it during their surgery. I understand why you want to do the surgery, I am hoping for good results as well, and I wish you the very best.
Thank you so much. Yes, my Dr already detach my bowel from my uterus due to the endometriosis. I am just so tired of hurting all the time. It causes me to feel down. I don't know what to take to hospial or things I will need when I get home. I feel very overwhelmed.
Unread 09-01-2011, 12:03 PM

First, realize that it is normal and o.k. to feel apprehensive about surgery. I know that they had the i.v. in my arm and were about ready to wheel me out. I told them I changed my mind and I was crying. My doctor came eye level and said, "you really need this surgery." I calmed down and they wheeled me out. Now, at twelve weeks, I have no bleeding and much less pain. I'm glad she helped me work through the fear. As far as necessities, there is a great list on the menu bar for pre-op. For post op it has what to expect week by week. It was pretty much 99 % accurate for me. It is from all of those sisters helping each other!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register