2 weeks off?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks off?? 2 weeks off??

Unread 09-01-2011, 02:12 PM
2 weeks off??

I was only going to take 1 week off after my daVinci but just found out my Dr. wants me to take 2 weeks off. I think I will go with her suggestion but not working for 2 weeks at both jobs might make me stir crazy.

Is 2 weeks a standard time before going back to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Re: 2 weeks off??

Make no mistake, the daVinci is still MAJOR surgery and you need time to recover. I had the daVinci on Friday and it has definitely been an easier recovery than I had anticipated, but, reading many stories here, mine sounds textbook...many have not been so lucky. My doctor told me to plan on 4 weeks off and that I could possibly go back sooner if I felt up to it, but he signed me off for the full 6 weeks too, in case I need it. I don't know what type of work you do, but, I think 2 weeks would be the absolute minimum.
Unread 09-01-2011, 04:24 PM

I was told six to eight weeks. I'm almost at two weeks and I'm very tired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2011, 04:39 PM

Hi there! I was told two weeks off for recovery from an LSH. (Actually, my GYN said I could probably go back after one, but encouraged me to take two if I was able. He said most of his patients don't need to take more than 2 weeks off for this procedure.)
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:45 PM
2 weeks off??

I had daVinci 4 weeks ago, left ovaries, 5 small incisions. My doctor said 6 weeks which was extended to 10 weeks after an infection pot-op.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaB7 View Post
I was only going to take 1 week off after my daVinci but just found out my Dr. wants me to take 2 weeks off. I think I will go with her suggestion but not working for 2 weeks at both jobs might make me stir crazy.

Is 2 weeks a standard time before going back to work?
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:54 PM

I didn't have the DeVenci surgery, but I had lap. partial, and at week 3 I am still at home. Much longer than I expected!
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:57 PM

daVinci, I mean.
Unread 09-01-2011, 11:43 PM

I had to practicaly beg my dr to let me work from home at week 2. He was not crazy about me going back to work after week 3 but I'm going to. This home stuff is makingme loopy
Unread 09-02-2011, 12:00 AM

I know what you mean!!

I'm at week 4 post op, but have not worked since the end of April due to another medical condition and the fact that I was made redundant by my employers because of my ill health.

Daytime TV and art and craft work don't quite fill in for a mentally stimulating full time job.

I'm hoping to get clearance to start working again soon!!
Unread 09-02-2011, 11:51 AM

I am returning to work on 9/6. I will be 2 weeks and 1 day Post OP. I have a desk job and I am absolutely feeling up to going back. I kept my cervix and both ovaries and from what I have read that makes a dramatic difference in the recovery process. I am also 30 and in great health other than the uterus which is no longer an issue. If I get back to work and see that it is going to be a problem, I will take a few more days off, but I don't see that happening. I can already tell a huge difference in how I feel now and how I was feeling before the surgery. I am starting to go stir crazy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register