Why are my breasts growing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why are my breasts growing? Why are my breasts growing?

Unread 09-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Why are my breasts growing?

I am 5 weeks out from surgery and I have not gained any weight but my breasts keep growing! I kept my ovaries and they took everything else. I thought I was losing my mind for a moment but my husband said he definitely sees an increase too. ??Why but I'm not complaining yet unless they keep it up. I was a 36B but now I have no idea since I am bulging out of this size. I lost an enormous uterus that made me look 5 months pregnant, so I am happy with a flatter stomach and bigger breasts. I feel the best I have felt in years since the surgery so I am all happy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Re: Why are my breasts growing?

Are you taking supplemental estrogen? that could cause an increase in breast size. Also just from the trauma of surgery the ovaries may be erratically making extra estrogen. Or you may have some swelling. I bet you feel so much better with the large uterus removed. I had the same problem, looked 4-5 mo PG from a very large fibroid tumor. Was a real blessing to have it removed.
When I was in my 20's I barely had a B cup. I was naturally low in estrogen ,documented by blood tests. at 31 I had everything removed and they put me on estrogen. I went from barely a B to DD. The estrogen gave me breasts and hips that I never had in my 20's b/c my own natural estrogen was too low. supplemental estrogen really helped.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register