Hello, I am a 30 yr old mom of three was just told I need a Total Hysterectomy nxt mo - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello, I am a 30 yr old mom of three was just told I need a Total Hysterectomy nxt mo Hello, I am a 30 yr old mom of three was just told I need a Total Hysterectomy nxt mo

Unread 09-03-2011, 06:52 AM
Re: Hello, I am a 30 yr old mom of three was just told I need a Total Hysterectomy nx

I had my surgery in Jan when I was 26. I've experienced some issues with sex and weight gain post op. With time I have learned how my new body works and how to work with those issues. When you lose your ovaries, your body does change, so you might need more exercise or a stricter diet to maintain and lose weight. A low GI diet works well for me, and I do circuit training with cardio and resistance/weights (this helps maintain bone density too!). As for sex, many women benefit from a vaginal moisturizer and vaginal estrogen. I use a combination of both and have been extremely happy with the results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Re: Hello, I am a 30 yr old mom of three was just told I need a Total Hysterectomy nx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippyhippy View Post
WOW!!! Thank you for all three of you replying, I am so happy I joined this support group as I am feeling like I am a little girl getting ready to be sent off to school, LOL!!! It's soooo SCARY!!! Anyways, I am having a Total Vaginal Hysterectomy, not larascoptic. This was not offered to me as I live in a small town in Montana and am lucky the Dr actually KNOWS what she is doing (FROM CALIFORNIA, HE HE!!!) Yup I was told that I had to have the vaginal because I have Anemia, and she is worried about blood loss from an incision. Plus I am told it is a better recovery is that true? I was a little worried about her removing my cervix, but due to the anemia, this is a safer option for me, I guess??? Does the cervix provide a better sex-life afterwards? Not that I am loosing much beforehand anyways. 30 years old and been married since 18. Sex has always hurt, and even got worse after my kids. My dr tells me that pain will not be there after this surgery, hope that is also true? WOW, to the woman whom is only 28, I thought I WAS YOUNG for this! Now, I feel relieved that there are many younger women getting the surgery. I do not know what is wrong with me other than I bleed, is that why all of you have to have a hyst as well??? Sorry if that's too personal, just wondering if anyone else has this same problem as I do. Anyways, I really appreciate the responses and will cross my fingers for your surgeries, as well, Thanks!!!
I had a Total Vaginal, if you wan to read my story, here's the link to it.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=450870

Best Wishes!!
Unread 09-03-2011, 09:14 AM

HI, I am also a 30 yr old mom of 3. I am 2 weeks post-op from a Laproscopic hyst. I did keep both ovaries and my cervix, so it is a different procedure, but I have to tell you that I am feeling better at 2 weeks out than I was 2 weeks pre-op. I had painful fibroids which was causing "crime scene" bleeding with huge clots every month, painful sex, and a constant bloated uncomfortable feeling. I was really nervous going in mostly due to my age, but as of right now it has been a great decision. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2011, 01:17 PM

Thank you again for all your stories you cared to share with me, I really appreciate the feedback. Today I am in sooooo much pain I wish I could have the surgery sooner Anyways, yes I have had a second, third, and fourth and fifth opinion regarding my problems with my body. My hubby is in the Army so we have lived all over the country. The first dr that told me to get this done when I was 23 was in Kansas, then I had two doctors in Georgia, 3 in Washington/Seattle area, and now that he is getting out of the military, we moved to Montana, and now 2 doctors have already told me I'm a very good candidate for the procedure, and I have only lived here 2 months! Yeah, I think the only regret I have right now is not getting it done sooner! But hey each to their own I guess. So glad to hear other women have had it done and are happy, that makes me feel better so thank you all for your support!
Unread 09-09-2011, 01:48 PM

Hi, I am old enough to be your mom, I'm 48, and had my surgery April 7, 2011. BEST thing I ever did. I'm sorry you're hurting, I had cramps that made me vomit and horrible bleeding my whole life. Finally, i was diagnosed with complex hyperplasia with atypia (pre-cancer) and a big polyp. I feel better than I have in many years. I hope you also have a speedy recovery. Even my fibromyalgia is tamer! Please, please keep us updated. Praying for you, hugs from NJ
Unread 09-09-2011, 04:29 PM

I'm glad you found a doctor who would do the surgery. I have been on many different birth control had a lap in May which they removed endo from both ovaries and my uterus and on Lupron since for endometriosis. The doctor that I was going to did not want to do the hysterectomy because of my age (35yoa). That doc wanted to do the 6 month of Lupron then put me back on Depo Prevero till menopause. I finally got tierd of hurting and going through the side effects of Lupron and got a second opinion it took that doc about five minutes to decide hysterectomy was the best option.
I have had similar pain with intercourse so I am hoping that will be gone. Best of luck to you.
Unread 09-09-2011, 08:53 PM

Wow I cannot believe your doctor would not even consider a hyst at 35 did you already do the surgery with the new doctor? Im scared they just called to remind me no food or drink past ten pm the night before. Im definently feeling alot of support from all you guys though thank you!
Unread 09-10-2011, 10:28 AM

[QUOTE Does the cervix provide a better sex-life afterwards?

You may not miss your cervix during sex but your husband probably will. Without a cervix your vagina will not enlongate as much as it did before and many husbands definitely are bothered by this shortness and bottoming out. Amazingly, this is something doctors rarely discuss with patients before surgery. Since this problem is so devastating to some relationships I believe it should be listed on the consent form.
Unread 09-11-2011, 09:32 AM

I am scheduled for the 21st and can't wait. Even with that said I'm a little nervous but going to be glad when the unknown is known. I'm tierd of never knowing if I'm gonna feel good or bad. Hope your surgery goes well.
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Hello, I am a 30 yr old mom of three was just told I need a Total Hysterectomy nxt mo

Well Im all ready and having vag hyst in a week just had pre op appt. Any last words of wisdom from anyone? Anybody had sucessful hysts since we all last spoke???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register