Surgery date finally on the horizon and I'm at peace! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery date finally on the horizon and I'm at peace! Surgery date finally on the horizon and I'm at peace!

Unread 09-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Surgery date finally on the horizon and I'm at peace!

Hi all,
My surgery has finally been scheduled for September 28. I've been waiting since June 30 for a date.

I am 54.
Menopause for over 12 years.
Currently on bio-identical HRT for over 7 years.
June 1, 2011 - Endometrial Biopsy
Diagnosis - Pre-cancer (Complex hyperplasia with atypia)
Cause - Estrogen dominance.
Delay - Hospital was moving and I had to wait until they got settled in new location.

I've kept very busy the last 3 months trying to turn my diagnosis around and basically get myself in good shape for surgery... all the while secretly hoping I wouldn't need surgery.

I changed to a cancer diet, lost 13 lbs, was able to wean off estradiol and completed a clinic that identified and helped eliminate environmental estrogens (foods, herbs, personal care products, household products, chemicals). I've walked and listened to stress-reduction music. I've done core and kegel exercises. I'm as ready as I can be.

The doctors have helped me to realize that the only way to know for sure that all my efforts had turned around the diagnosis would be to biopsy every cell in the uterus (humanly impossible).

Because I don't want to spend my days being worried about cancer, my uterus and ovaries will be sacrificed. I am on a better health track now to protect my breasts from estrogen dominance in the future. I've learned that some of us lack the ability to effectively process and eliminate estrogen from our bodies and it builds up. Is that a genetic issue? maybe...

My doctor said that 85% of women in HRT never have any problems. I'm in the 15 %. The doctor believes there are other contributing factors that put us in the 15%.

Anyway, I have about 3 1/2 weeks left. I'm having a daVinci Robot assisted hysterectomy. Short surgery, less pain and easier recovery. September is being used to get my home and family ready to assist my recovery and I'm looking forward to fall and new beginnings for my health.

I am at peace.

Thank you everyone for your help, encouragement and shoulders to cry on.

Sincerely,
Golden Liberty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register