Scheduled TAH Days left.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Days left.... Days left....

Unread 09-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Days left....

Ok, so I am super excited about my surgery!! I know that sounds silly but I am. I have had so many surgeries that it doesn't bother me anymore. I actually am more scared about the IV than anything because I know it HAS to go in my hand this time because I will be at the hospital for a few days. It's funny actually. I hope all goes smoothly for everyone else also!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Re: Days left....

Best wishes to you too!
Unread 09-05-2011, 04:18 PM

Best wishes to you. I'm excited too, but the stress is starting to catch up with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2011, 05:09 PM

Best of luck with your surgery! Wishing you an easy recovery.

Oh, and they put my IV in a vein in my wrist, not in my hand, and it was good there for two days. When it came out during the night (I think I got the line tangled up in my sleep or something), they started the new one in the same place on my other arm. Much less uncomfortable than the top of the hand, in my experience.
Unread 09-05-2011, 05:47 PM

Well, when I had my ectopic pregnancy, they put it in my wrist and now I have a huge scar. There was a hole in wrist for 3 days afterwards, it was awful. I don't mind the hand but it hurts more than the AC anyday. I drew blood for a year at a hospital and always got complaints when I had to go to the hand, plus the veins are smaller and morefragile so they tend to leave a hematoma more than in the AC, which SUCKS. So hopefully it won't be bad because I have good veins and I hope that makes things better!!
Unread 09-05-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBS View Post
Ok, so I am super excited about my surgery!! I know that sounds silly but I am.
That does not sound silly to me at all! I was nervous and excited at the same time - wanted to throw up but could hardly bear the wait. The day before was the easiest in spite of the bowel prep I had to do.

There's nothing silly about looking forward to getting beyond the suffering that has led you to agree to a hysterectomy. A successful surgery and a speedy recovery to you!
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:36 AM

I'm excited too! I'm excited about feeling good again. I'm excited about not being in a fetal position in my bed all the time. I'm excited about not standing up from an airplane seat and looking at it and praying there is no blood on the seat. I'm excited about being normal. I remember this whole period thing not being a concern of mine and I am looking forward to it not being a concern again.

So yes, I am excited too. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. These are exciting times. This is the start of a new, unfamiliar chapter for all of us.

Good luck to us all and see ya on the flip side!
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:59 AM

Thanks to all and I wish everyone good luck!!!!
I only have today and tomorrow left and then i'm breaking up with my uterus on Thursday, yipee. I wish luck to all those having surgery today tomorrow and thursday and then I will see you all on the other side on Friday!!!!!

Unread 09-06-2011, 11:10 AM

I'm excited for mine, too!! Still about a week out for me, though. Patience is a virtue, right?

I love that you say you're breaking up with your uterus, because I have been looking at it the same way. "It's not you, it's me . . . oh wait, I take that back; it is ALL you!"

Best wishes!
Unread 09-06-2011, 12:53 PM

It's not you, it's me. See, I'm going thru this selfish phase. I just need something more, something different. You're a great uterus. We've had some good times. I'll always remember those. But I think it's time to move on.

You'll find someone else out there who's better for you.... Just kidding! There's nobody better than me!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register