After surgery results... Do you feel better? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

After surgery results... Do you feel better? After surgery results... Do you feel better?

Unread 09-06-2011, 11:31 AM
After surgery results... Do you feel better?

So here is my question..... (long version question)

I've been blessed with adenomyosis. It has taught me patience and compassion. But I am ready to move on now. I would like to go ahead and not feel cruddy anymore. I'm losing my uterus, my cervix (previous problems) and possibly my ovaries (cysts). With the adeno I have come to enjoy abdominal pain, back pain and leg pain. I am really curious to see if my digestive problems and urinary issues go away with this too.

If you have had surgery, what did you have it for, what symptoms went away, what were you surprised by, and what stuck around?

If you haven't had it yet, what do you have going on and what are you hoping goes away with this surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Re: After surgery results... Do you feel better?

I had a prolapsed uterus and bladder. I had constant pain and pressure in my abdomen, and I had constant lower back pain.

I had my TVH 6 weeks ago yesterday and all that pain is gone! It has been gone since I woke up.

Good luck and best wishes!!!
Unread 09-06-2011, 07:25 PM

I had my lvh two and a half weeks ago for polyps, heavy bleeding and pain.

I cannot believe how good I feel now! Everyone told me I would feel like a new person, and they were right!

I am still healing, still unable to lift anything over 8 pounds, still tired, etc etc. But I feel tremendous! I hope you do too!

Blessings to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2011, 09:54 PM

I'm curious to hear others feedback too! besides no longer having cycles, no longer having digestive issues from fibroids that are too big would just be awesome! Just to feel like a new woman..
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:13 AM
After surgery results... Do you feel better?

Tvh (8/4 kept ovaries) My surgery went smoothly and recovery pretty much textbook. I knew I had fibroids, but found adenmyosis when uterus was. removed. The only "complication" is when my body is fighting my mind. I feel so good and want to go go go, but my head knows better and sometimes my body just peters out. I get tired easily and my stamina isn't back yet, but it's only been a month since major surgery. It dawned on me last week that my hemroids aren't acting up and there is no longer any rectal pain or pressure. Guess I just took that for granted before surgery. My legs aren't tired anymore, either. They must really like the new blood supply now getting to them. A big concern for me was the possible sexual side affects that I have read about. So far, externally, everything works great (what a relief). Post-op was not fun or pretty and it was somewhat painful; but it was all manageable and not much worse than the period pain I have dealt with for years. Just need to remember to slow down and take it easy. The good days, now, far outnumber the bad days and it's only getting better. I am very happy to have had this surgery. My heavy, painful periods not only affected my life, but my family's quality of life, too. We are all looking forward to the restrictions being lifted so that we can get our lives back to normal, well a new normal for me-something I can't quite fathom. Best Wishes
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:46 AM

I had the daVinci done 12 days ago. Removed uterus and cervix, left both ovaries. My hysto was due to fibroids, enlarged uterus, heavy and more frequent periods. My recovery so far has been pretty textbook. I have had almost no pain, more discomfort than pain. I feel better every day. Other than recovery stuff, I feel better already than I have in years. I, too, am curious to see, once I get thru recovery, what other symptoms/problems are gone. My fibroids were not very big, but, I wouldn't be surprised if they were the cause of my frequent (very frequent) urination that I have dealt with for YEARS, and gastrointestinal, IBS type symptoms I've had for the past year or so. I will keep you posted...
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:20 AM

I had my TAH in May for endometriosis. I had severe pelvic pain, back pain, leg pain, swelling in my fingers, feet, ankles, frequent UTI's, painful intercourse, and super, SUPER heavy periods..... gone....ALL GONE!!!

I do not have one single symptom that I had pre-op. I feel like a new person and am loving every minute of it!!! This surgery gave me a second chance at life and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I sure hope you get the same results. Best of luck to you!!!
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:09 AM

I had DaVinci done on 8/29 removed Uterus and Cervix and kept both ovaries for severe adenomyosis which caused heavy frequent bleeding, back/leg pain, constant stomach pains. I know it is still early and I am in the early stages of recovery but haven't felt this good in years. Other than mild soreness in my stomach I feel great. No bleeding. I feel so good it is hard to believe I just had major surgery and do have to remind myself to sit down and take it easy. Good luck to you!

Peace & Prayers
Unread 09-07-2011, 05:11 PM

LSH BSO 4 weeks yesterday and I feel better than the old me.

No more bleeding, heaviness and more energy than I have had in a long time.

Been back to work for 2 weeks, just started back at the gym, no regrets.

After surgery listen to your body. Take it easy especially the first week.
Unread 09-07-2011, 05:18 PM

I ha just my uterurs removed on 8-10 for adenoyosis1 I could not satnd that labor pian of periods, with heavy bleeding that no meds would elebate it, so only thing left was the surgery. My doc told me that she saw swollen blood vessels on my uterus which may have been causing th epian. I am only 4 weeks, so not sure about my future! I had complications afterr my surgery of internal bleeding, so i ahve double recover! I know this emotinal roller caste rand good year belly will pas! I would do the surgery agin to not be stuck in bed!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register