Scheduled TAH Anxious and Angry... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anxious and Angry... Anxious and Angry...

Unread 09-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Anxious and Angry...

So I had an original TAH scheduled for 26 September, and I have been calling the doctor since the end of August to find out if I could get a sooner date (which was offered to me in the beginning, but turned down due to nervousness)...the doctor would never return my call. I finally got it in my head that the 26th of September was my date, I ordered some items from the HysterSister store, made plans for my Mother to come down and assist me, and actually came to terms with the fact that it was really going to happen. In fact, I have a countdown calendar on my cell phone...19 days and I'd be on that road to recovery. TODAY (7 Sept), I received a phone call from the doctor telling me that due to a scheduling conflict, my surgery date would have to be moved to 17 OCTOBER! I'm so ANGRY! I've been crying ever since I received the call. Now what will I do...my Mother will not be able to come during that time and I had a school date (I'm in the military) for January 4th. Some may think I'm overreacting and that I should be happy, but I'm not...I'm seriously upset!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Re: Anxious and Angry...

I'm sorry to hear that . . . I would be upset if my surgery date was postponed that long as well!

Thinking of you.
Unread 09-07-2011, 07:33 PM

I would be mad too. I am so sorry. All these posts on surgery being postponed has me nervous at the thought. I pray you can get it rescheduled earlier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2011, 04:35 PM

Update: I called today and explained my issue and how I really needed to get this done much sooner than the 17th of October. The doctor said he postponed it so far because he thought I wanted to be able to enjoy the 4-day weekend we had coming up the beginning of October (it's an army thing). I told him, "NO! I want to get on the road to recovery!" So he rescheduled me for the 3rd of October! I'm much happier now!
Unread 09-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Wow! I'm glad (for your sake!) that you were able to get it rescheduled sooner than Oct. 17th!! CONGRATS!!!
Unread 09-08-2011, 05:44 PM

I've been a "victim" of military scheduling, too! Glad you put your foot down and got what you needed! Good luck to you! Jeez, it's hard enough to make this decision without having the doc try to postpone!
Unread 09-08-2011, 06:59 PM

Oh, good. I'm glad you don't have to wait so long! I can tell you that, for me, the waiting was the hardest part. I'd originally planned to have my surgery in early September, but it got moved up to 8/10 because the symptoms from my fibroids and anemia had gotten so bad. When September rolled around, I was SO happy to be already partway down the road to recovery and not still waiting!
Unread 09-11-2011, 02:26 AM

Ya the military post poned mine four times. It was a nightmare. The waiting is the worst. Im glad the moved it up some.
Unread 09-11-2011, 07:54 AM

I'm glad that you were able to get a sooner date then the 17th. When mine was postponed the first time, I cried as well. Thankfully your not having to wait as long as I did between dates. I wish you all the best.
Unread 09-11-2011, 12:15 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't get postponed again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register