Scheduled TAH scheduled, nervous, feeling low | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scheduled, nervous, feeling low scheduled, nervous, feeling low

Unread 09-07-2011, 08:43 PM
scheduled, nervous, feeling low

Hi
I am scheduled for Nov 7th. I have several grapefruit size fibroids. I can feel them when I lay on my belly. I am nervous. But most of all I do not feel good. I feel tired all the time, Bloated, frequent urination. I feel a bit depressed.

How is everyone dealing with this? What secrets can you share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Re: scheduled, nervous, feeling low

I hope you feel better. My surgery is in November too. I am really scared and nervous. November 7th is my son's birthday so you will have a good day.
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:18 PM

I chose to schedule in November due to work schedule and insurance reasons. I so wish I could do it sooner. I Just want some energy. I feel like such a slug. Waiting is hard. I hate being able to feel the fibroids. Having diabetes doesn't help either. I have been reading a lot. doing a lot of research. I figure knowledge is power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2011, 09:33 PM

I can tell you all that seven weeks post-op I feel really good for the first time in years. Fibroids suck so much energy from you that now that I'm free of them I am almost scaring my DH for all the stuff I'm getting done and my great mood. Everyday I wake up and feel SO MUCH BETTER than I did for the last three years. I feel like myself again, and that the last years have been some kind of fog. My vocabulary is even coming back!! I've been lucky in my recovery, but know that relief IS possible and treat yourselves with patience and kindness while you are waiting. It's been said before, but the waiting really is the worst part, IMO.
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:48 PM

I have a large fibroid too. I can see it protruding from my belly. I can feel it in there. I, too, feel tired and miserable a lot. I don't know what to tell you in how to get through it but I just keep focusing on the date of my surgery and know that it will be better after it is out of me. That and a lot of prayer! Good luck to you...November, November, November...keep chanting it...you can do it.
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:40 PM

Molekat & RMIx2 your an inspiration! I feel just like you orpan1965, I'm confirm the end of October, depending on insurance I'm praying that I don't have to wait until January. One of the fibroids is the size of a 19wk uterus.. I'm only 5'3..small everywhere else except looking like I"m carrying a turkey in my belly. Not a good look! I was walking around my house earlier wondering why I felt so heavy and then it occured to me I'm ovulating again, just 2 weeks ago I had two cycles in Aug.. uGGHHH..so, I'm drained and gassy!
Unread 09-08-2011, 08:51 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies. It is just hard to wait. Today was a bad day but I made it through. Count down is 59 days 10 hours 7 minutes
Unread 09-08-2011, 09:48 PM

I can totally relate. This has been going on for so long that sometimes I feel like this is me - no energy, depressed, weepy, cantalope-belly - but it's not really me, it's not how I used to be. Molekat - that's very inspiring - I'm glad you're doing so well!

I think I'll feel a lot better when these fibroids/cysts get outta here - and orphan1965, I bet you will too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register