Newbie: LSH in 2 weeks & Pre-Op next week | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Newbie: LSH in 2 weeks & Pre-Op next week Newbie: LSH in 2 weeks & Pre-Op next week

Unread 09-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Newbie: LSH in 2 weeks & Pre-Op next week

Hi everyone...

I have my pre-op appt on the 15th...I'm very nervous. I don't know what to expect. I am very happy to have come up on this group as I so need the support. I even let my husband read some of the support topics for partners/spouses. What can I expect at the pre-op?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Re: Newbie: LSH in 2 weeks & Pre-Op next week

Hi divastar!.. I was nervous before my pre op as well.. my blood pressure was elevated and its never that way.. bit the appt went smoothly.. my Dr is very caring so that definitely helped.. everything will go fine for u.. my surgery is scheduled for Fri Sept 9th so I'm counting down as we speak.. yes I'm nervous!!
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:45 PM

Oh wow! Sept 9th...thats just day after tomorrow! I am praying for you! I can't wait to read how everything went for you and your recovery! I am sure all will be well with you also...matter of fact, I know it will be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2011, 09:56 PM

Thanks so much I will definitely post ASAP.. take care of yourself!
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:57 PM

Thanks Houston and you do the same!
Unread 09-08-2011, 07:36 AM

My pre-op was pretty uneventful . . . I had blood drawn and they took a urine specimen, then they took my vital signs and my MD went over my past medical history, listened to my heart, lungs, and bowel sounds, palpated my abdomen, and looked at my throat. It took maybe 15 minutes total? I didn't have any questions for him -- my pre-op was with my primary MD and I'd had a consultation the day before with my GYN who is doing the surgery. At my consultation the GYN explained the surgery in detail, went over my recovery time and what to expect, then the OR nurse came in and had me sign the consents and set up my surgery date.

Best of luck to you!!!
Unread 09-08-2011, 09:13 AM

My first pre-op was very easy, just blood work, weight and height, blood pressure, talk to the nurse and anistologist (I know my spelling sucks some days). I'm expecting my second on on the 14th to be the same. My surgery is on the 16th so it's coming up soon.
Unread 09-08-2011, 11:04 AM

Ok, thanks everybody! I appreciate it! I'm just a little nervous!
Unread 09-08-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divastar1874 View Post
Hi everyone...

I have my pre-op appt on the 15th...I'm very nervous. I don't know what to expect. I am very happy to have come up on this group as I so need the support. I even let my husband read some of the support topics for partners/spouses. What can I expect at the pre-op?
-

I wish I had been on this site before my surgery. My pre-op was just getting blood drawn. No biggie! Just think...In not too long, you'll be on the other side. I had my LSH on Aug. 2 nd. Take care and don't worry! Hugs! -Oco

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register