Does a day go by... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does a day go by... Does a day go by...

Unread 09-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Re: Does a day go by...

I feel so relieved to read all of these posts - I feel exactly the same and am experiencing the same things. I felt like I was reading about myself! 3 more sleeps until my TLH-USO and it is all I can think about... Hubby reacting like your DH's are...

Thank you! xB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2011, 07:52 AM

Thank you so much for this post!! I can definitely relate . . . seems like it's all I'm thinking about lately, and all I want to talk about. I know my poor hubby has to be sick of hearing about how much pain I'm in, but he can't be nearly as sick of hearing it as I am of living with it! I find myself wanting to bring it up in casual conversations (although I try not to, don't want to "TMI" in mixed company!) Sometimes it makes me feel bad, I mean I'm not the first person in the world to go through this and won't be the last, but on the other hand, it *is* a major life-changing event so I know it's natural to feel this way.

I'm glad to have found this site before my surgery!

And I, too, have been pleasantly surprised by the outpouring of support from my real-life friends and family! Well, the women, anyway . . . hahahaha

Five days to go for me . . . I can't WAIT!!
Unread 09-09-2011, 08:59 AM

Once I found out I was going to have surgery it was pretty much all I could think about, so it's what I talked about. It is a major thing in your life and even when looking forward to it, it is a stressor. I think it is important to find a way to deal with the stress, if that means that you talk about it constantly, then talk about it.

I was very open about what was going on with me, if people asked why I was having surgery, I told them. Think about it this way, the only way people are going to know that you need support and help before and after surgery is if they know about it.

If you feel like you are talking about it too much you can always journal your thoughts. I find that sometimes I just need to get the thoughts out, whether by talking or writing about it, and then I can let it go for a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2011, 10:20 AM

In the last eight months not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about this surgery. My husband has also asked me in the past to stop thinking about it because I stress, but that's like asking the sun not to rise in the morning. Best of wishes over the weekend.
Unread 09-09-2011, 11:03 AM

I know the feeling. There are some days I feel like that is all I think about and feel like if maybe I think about the pain to much and if I would stop thepain would stop (which doesn't happen). I am so ready to get it over with and move on with my life 12 days and counting yeah
Unread 09-09-2011, 09:49 PM

Not a day goes by that I don't think about the upcoming hysterectomy on Sept 14... and now not a night has gone by in the last few days when I am not experienced distressing dreams... like this dream of being in pre op room and being told that they are also taking a kidney... and, I feel upset that I will have one incision in the front and another in the back. ... Another dream: feel like I'm under anesthesia and I can't wake up... it must be all my anxieties being released in my dreams!

Btw, I named my uterus full of fibroids / 20 weeks size: Maurice! So, I like to tell Maurice to stop bothering me ... my husband also joins me in this banter about Maurice! . like my clever hyster sister said "I'm losing my uterus not my sense of humor"
Unread 09-09-2011, 10:56 PM

I think I'm going to name my uterus Felicia..Every month when I'm pms'ing, all the complications that caused me not to feel good with the help of the grapefruit sized fibroid.. I'd always say, "Felicia's here, leave me alone!" Since I'll no longer have to worry about cycles after this surgery, "Felicia will no longer be around".. Now, I also wonder without periods, since I'll still have my ovaries..will there be other symptoms? for example cravings for salty or sweet? swollen breasts?
Unread 09-10-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphan1965 View Post
Not a day goes by that I dont think about my upcoming surgery. I do more reading every day. I have so many offers from friends and family to help me after I just know i will be ok. My husband is a long distance truck driver so trying to coordinate his schedule, the surgeons and mine is a chore in itself. I can hardly wait to have it done. I have no energy, and feel like a slug.
I am in the same boat. Read, read, read, until I fall asleep in the chair with my laptop on my lap at night. My husband is also an over the road truck driver and usually gone from M-F every week. He did tell me last week that he's sick of hearing about it. That did not go over very well with me. I felt he was being selfish. I know I'm being obsessive, but if the situation were reversed, I know I would be more supportive and helpful than he's being. I pretty much kicked him in the butt last week after he said that and told him he either chooses to be supportive, helpful and give me some compassion, or he can go elsewhere! He wants to be with me, so he is going to be more supportive.
Unread 09-12-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniabean View Post
Not a day goes by that I don't think about the upcoming hysterectomy on Sept 14... and now not a night has gone by in the last few days when I am not experienced distressing dreams... like this dream of being in pre op room and being told that they are also taking a kidney... and, I feel upset that I will have one incision in the front and another in the back. ... Another dream: feel like I'm under anesthesia and I can't wake up... it must be all my anxieties being released in my dreams!

Btw, I named my uterus full of fibroids / 20 weeks size: Maurice! So, I like to tell Maurice to stop bothering me ... my husband also joins me in this banter about Maurice! . like my clever hyster sister said "I'm losing my uterus not my sense of humor"
What's the deal with those kooky dreams? I guess it's the anxiety coming through, because I've had some very interesting ones regarding the surgery as well! If they could find a drug that would let me sleep a dreamless sleep for just one night, I would take it, lol!
I like Maurice. That's a good name for a fibroid-laden uterus!
Unread 09-12-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzav28 View Post
I am in the same boat. Read, read, read, until I fall asleep in the chair with my laptop on my lap at night. My husband is also an over the road truck driver and usually gone from M-F every week. He did tell me last week that he's sick of hearing about it. That did not go over very well with me. I felt he was being selfish. I know I'm being obsessive, but if the situation were reversed, I know I would be more supportive and helpful than he's being. I pretty much kicked him in the butt last week after he said that and told him he either chooses to be supportive, helpful and give me some compassion, or he can go elsewhere! He wants to be with me, so he is going to be more supportive.
Sometimes they react that way; I think they get anxious just hearing about it. Especially DHs like yours who has always had you there, waiting for him, keeping up the with the house and being the strong one at home. Good for both of you for recognizing that you need each other (my DH always tells me, he wouldn't have gotten anywhere without me being here to support him emotionally!) If you like, you can obsess with me! I won't tell you you're being bothersome, I'll just "listen"!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register