Scheduled TAH Surgery on 9/12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery on 9/12 Surgery on 9/12

Unread 09-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Surgery on 9/12

Hello everyone.

First post for me. Surgery is going to take place on 9/12. I will have uterus, cervix, and ovaries removed...the whole shebang! I am surprisingly calm about the whole thing. I do have concerns about how things will be after I get home. This is my first surgery ever!

Any last minute advice on what to take with me to the hospital? I am naturally predisposed to overpacking and don't think that I should be taking much of anything.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Re: Surgery on 9/12

Ludmila,
I too am having surgery on 09/12. At times I'm at peace (thank you Lord), and at times a nervous, anxious wreck! I had a really good cry yesterday. But today I've been too busy to think LOL. I have a tendacy to overpack. Being without something I need is a big fear of mine. So I'm packing the usual "hospital fare": a light weight robe, slippers, panties (white and oversized), and maxi pads are my planned attire. The hospital will furnish a lovely gown envied by all fashionistas, and most supply slipper socks. So I'm saving my good gowns for home. If a favorite gown would make you more comfortable, by all means, pack it.
Also the basics of toothbrush/paste/mouthwash, face wash,
and moisturizer. And hand lotion, lip balm, hair brush complete my grooming needs. If you are staying a few days
you might need toilietries for taking a shower, depending on what is supplied by the castle. For comfort, I'm packing
Hall's smoothers (in case I have a sore throat from the tube),and ear plugs to drown out all the noise from the hallway at bedtime. For communication needs, I've included my charged-up cell phone and a small note pad/pen for my husband to write down what the DR. says. Also I'm including some snacks for hubby while he waits. There are some tips in the hints section and a checklist under the Articles tab at the top of this site. You and all our fellow
"09/12 sisters will be in my thoughts and prayers on Monday"!
Unread 09-11-2011, 01:17 AM

Best of wishes for the 12th. I'm going in on the 16th for a TAH. My bag is mostly packed, I'm taking lip balm, some had candy, my iTouch & phone + chargers for both, my ID and health card, a change of undies, my belly binder, the pillow + shoulder bag I got off the store here and some hard candy. I'm going to wear the same outfit home that I wear to the hospital.

A small pillow is a good thing to take, it can be used for sleeping while at the hospital and to support your tummy on the trip home. The hard candies are for dry mouth after surgery.

If you really feel up to it, bring some chocolate or candies for the nurses. It always helps to make friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:23 AM

Good luck today! Thinking of you all. Hope you have a smooth recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register