Driving to Beach 6 hours away 3 weeks post-op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Driving to Beach 6 hours away 3 weeks post-op Driving to Beach 6 hours away 3 weeks post-op

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Re: Driving to Beach 6 hours away 3 weeks post-op

I am in North Alabama. My surgeon says 6 weeks for recovery but I didnt ask about driving and I doubt I would get a response from him before surgery. I was pretty much up the next day after my c-sections but I was in my 20's not 50's then. Does age have anything to do with it, I dont know your ages but it might. I do think I will be up and about soon, got too much to do and I dont want to m iss anyting with football season and band competitions, this is a bad time to me having surgery. God may be telling me I dont have to do it all. I just hope I made a good decision for the TLH. Will I feel like eating ater surgery or should I pick up some light soups?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:23 PM

I had my tvh on the 6th of sept. I started driving in town today. My dr. only told me to not drive or ride over a hour with out stopping for 10 min's to walk to keep from getting blood clots. I'm still sore and have a lot of swelling.
Unread 09-12-2011, 12:33 PM

I live in Alabama to I had the TLH also I'm 28 and I really don't know if age matters. I would think that if your in good shape and health that would. But it I'd the dame process of healing and recovering I know there are different ways to do a hysterectomy but I really don't know. And I haven't ate to much small meals and I probably wouldn't have ate that if it wasn't for my family telling ne it's time to eat. Try to stay away from foods that will stop you up. Cheese dairy wasn't good for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katytraveler View Post
I am in North Alabama. My surgeon says 6 weeks for recovery but I didnt ask about driving and I doubt I would get a response from him before surgery. I was pretty much up the next day after my c-sections but I was in my 20's not 50's then. Does age have anything to do with it, I dont know your ages but it might. I do think I will be up and about soon, got too much to do and I dont want to m iss anyting with football season and band competitions, this is a bad time to me having surgery. God may be telling me I dont have to do it all. I just hope I made a good decision for the TLH. Will I feel like eating ater surgery or should I pick up some light soups?
You won't know about some things until after your surgery.
I was lucky, and I am 48, but I teach Group fitness and have very strong core muscles. It really made a huge difference according to the staff. I did not have any trouble with the anesthesia. My Doctor told me only soft easy to digest foods until i am regular again. I have been eating lightly sautéed veggies, brown rice, lentil soup, and lots of fruit but it's kind of my normal diet anyway.

We can and are happy to share our experiences, but we are all different.

Your Doctor should answer your question no matter what.
good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register