mY lAST period! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

mY lAST period! mY lAST period!

Unread 09-13-2011, 01:16 PM
mY lAST period!

hELLO lADIES,

well this am Aunt flow came to vist for the last time! jump:

Not usre about some of you, but thisd is bittersweet although I wont miss the pain, swelling and all the rest of the fun flow stuff.. but a part of you for some strange reason will miss Aunt Flow! Funny as a women yoiu never thoguiht yoiud say!

Going to the castle on the 27th! Preop on the 20th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Re: mY lAST period!

I understand. My last period was a little bittersweet, too. I was looking forward to being rid of the pain and the constant bleeding, but it was going to be like saying goodbye to an old friend who had served me well. Now, over 7 years later, I don't miss it. It has made my life easier and I hope it does for you, as well.

Best wishes!

Deb
Unread 09-13-2011, 02:23 PM

My last period ended about a week ago. Two days ago I started spotting again, and my surgery is tomorrow. I am not going to miss this guessing game at all!

I can understand how a lot of people feel about it, though. It's kind of a routine (well . . . supposed to be anyway) ritual cleansing and renewal. I feel for the women who are mourning this loss, even though I'm not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2011, 02:25 PM

Nothing bittersweet about it for me.

SEE YOU LATER.....NOT!!!

I am very excited never to have it again!!
Unread 09-13-2011, 03:10 PM

It was definitely not bittersweet for me....just plain SWEET!!! I for one have not missed mine at all for the last 4 months....no more pain, no more getting up in the night (2 or 3 times) because I soaked through, no more swelling, no more headaches, no more, no more, no more....and I couldn't be happier!!!

I am sorry that you feel that you are going to miss them, but I really think that when it is all said and done, you will realize just how much easier life really is without it...especially if you had difficult ones.

I say CONGRATS on your last period and soon you can bid it farewell and move on to feeling better.
Unread 09-13-2011, 03:22 PM

I was so excited to get rid of THAT!

Once I made the decision the TAH was right for me, I was excited! I don't have to buy pads or tampons again!

After surgery, I did need panty liners for the discharge...but that was nothing compared to the bleeding and pain I dealt w/prior to surgery! No more fears of bleeding thru clothing, etc...its wonderful!

I can understand some feelings about missing it...but that will pass!

Good luck to those sisters who are going for their surgeries! May yours be a wonderful success!
Unread 09-13-2011, 03:31 PM

I am looking forward to being able to wear white pants for the first time without worrying about Aunt Flo making an unexpected visit.
Unread 09-13-2011, 03:35 PM

Certainly a routine that I'll never miss either! Great for you. Can't wait till I can get to the point where I can afford to have surgery. The dr. already gave me the go-ahead, just not feasible right now, unfortunately. I've been wanting this for years! Hope it works out for you!
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:20 PM

Enjoy!
Being done with Aunt Flo is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to, but i see what you mean.
Unread 09-13-2011, 10:37 PM

Mine started 2 days ago, but she's going to be evicted in just over 58 hours.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register