TVH Post-Op Sex - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Re: Post-Op Sex

I asked DH to buy me some coconut oil and all he could find was a big vat of it for $40. It is was too greasy to want to use as lube so I drank it in tea for a while... Now I'm using it to cook with :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2012, 05:13 PM

Was finally cleared for sex, 9 weeks out. It was GREAT! Amazing! Happy to report that my "O" is not broken either, in fact it seems so much better I have had some bleeding and cramping. I'm sure this is to be expected and not really that worried at this point. Glad to hear so many positives!!
Unread 02-11-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme76 View Post
How do you use it I want to try it. What section would I look for it in Walmart
Coconut oil is solid, but melts at the drop of a pin. Walmart keeps it with their cooking oils, and it is awesome with baked goods and I've even used it in place of butter on toast.

We don't know yet if I'll have trouble with dryness, but if I do, I know where my jar of coconut oil is...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2012, 07:23 PM

OK, so I used it last night. It immediately began melting before I put it in. He still needed to use the lubricant. Not sure if it was because he wasn't aware of the coconut oil.
Unread 02-11-2012, 08:35 PM

I will have to say that our sex is improving.
I had bleeding due to granulation healing problems, and sometimes when we had sex, I either bled or was in pain.

Now all is healed and we can do more positions.
I would say that the sex is great now.
Unread 02-11-2012, 09:42 PM

Sex has gotten better for me also...hormones with progesterone and testosterone have helped. I am happy now with my hysterectomy...I do NOT miss my uterus at all!! I have not had any problems with dryness and both ovaries removed. It took some time, but better..
Unread 02-11-2012, 11:29 PM

So glad to hear good news!! Still have 3weeks at least till we can try but so happy to hear postive news instead of all the bad I have read
Unread 02-20-2012, 01:28 PM

Hello Sisters! Wanted to let you guys know I still use the coconut oil because it does help however BF still uses the other lubricant. I think he just likes it.

HUGS

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register