TVH Post-Op Sex - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Post-Op Sex

I
  Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcam View Post
My doc told me just to wait 4 weeks. I had a LAVH. Did anyone else get the go-ahead after just 4 weeks?
I also had the LAVH.. my doctor said 8 weeks... no question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Re: Post-Op Sex!!!! YAY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncourgr View Post
Well I can honestly say that making love; I call it that because sex can be with anybody, is BETTER than before the hysterectomy. I want it EVERY night. LOL!! Orgasms are more INTENSE and happens at least two times per engagement.
I am the exact same way...it gets better every time and more intense every time....

I forgot what it was like to enjoy it and not have pain, that now it seems like I just can't get enough!!!
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Re: Post-Op Sex - YAY!

of course we are all different. At 6 weeks, it's not time yet. Although my drive is there. doc said it can take up to 12 - sure hope not! Blessings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 10:28 AM

Mcam-My surgeon gave me the go ahead at 4 weeks. He said that if we were common sense about it....don't do anything crazy and take it slow and easy and if it hurts, stop.....then we're fine. Hubby and I waited until closer to 5 weeks and it was amazing!!!! The surgeon suggested positions where the woman has more control.
Unread 09-28-2011, 01:03 PM

Do you guys who are enjoying it still have your cervix or/and ovaries? What about the vaginal cuff? How much different is your vagina? Sorry for the questions just very nervous 
Unread 09-28-2011, 01:08 PM

I still have both ovaries. My cervix was removed. Honestly, neither of us have noticed any difference in my vagina.
Unread 09-28-2011, 01:37 PM

Same here...no cervix, both ovaries stayed. My boyfriend says that it feels the same...I don't notice any change in the length of the vagina.
Unread 09-28-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcam View Post
My doc told me just to wait 4 weeks. I had a LAVH. Did anyone else get the go-ahead after just 4 weeks?
Yup, that's what my doc said too, and orgasm anytime. I don't know if I WILL try at 4 wks since my check up isn't until the 6 wk mark.

But I can tell you, everything works even better then it did before. The sadness I felt with the first orgasm (missing the uterine contractions) has now made way for elation. The more orgasms I have, the better they are. Stronger then before and I AM experiencing contractions internally. But it almost feels like the "old" orgasm was filled with a sort of white noise or static heh. Don't know how to describe it.

If I had to choose, I think I'd keep this O
Unread 09-28-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbisj83 View Post
Do you guys who are enjoying it still have your cervix or/and ovaries? What about the vaginal cuff? How much different is your vagina? Sorry for the questions just very nervous 
I have no cervix and no ovaries. I have not noticed anything feeling different in the vagina (except the absence of pain) and my husband says it doesn't feel any different.

Keep in mind that everyone is different, but my sex life is soooo much better post hysterectomy. Wouldn't change a thing!
Unread 09-28-2011, 02:08 PM

Great news from the 4 weekers. I was starting to think I had misunderstood my doc but I really feel pretty ok. Have already experienced the "O" and really, it feels like the old "O" I remember. Have even had a bit of "outercourse" (love all of these new words) and that seemed to work fine for BF.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register