LAVH 8 weeks post-op with hemotoma - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 weeks post-op with hemotoma 8 weeks post-op with hemotoma

Unread 10-03-2011, 12:47 PM
8 weeks post-op with hemotoma

My hematoma was internal, I wrote the details further down in this thread. My pain was a doozy this past weekend but today in much less. It seems to be a tie between the back pain and tummy pain. I have not spotted in 2 weeks- HOORAY! I am following doctors orders as she extended the rest period until end of October. I cannot believe it's been 2 months tomorrow. I also never heard of a hematoma before this, I certainly did not know one could happen. I'm trying to be less bitter this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Re: 8 weeks post-op with hemotoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosy1012 View Post
My doctor extended the "Vajaja No Fly Zone" until the end of October. I had surgery august 4th! That would be almost 3 months no sex. I also did not need surgery, it is just s l o w l y reabsorbing. She also said to lifting over 10 pounds, vacuuming etc for 10 weeks.
My doctor didn't give me the ok for sex until I was 10 weeks post-op.
Unread 10-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosy1012 View Post
Hello my hematoma friends! I just wanted to check in and see how all are doing. I'm almost 8 weeks post op. I still having pain, anyone else? Just getting a reality check. I'm so frustrated that another weekend is spend on the couch.
Hi There,
I'm now 11 weeks post op and although not much pain ( unless I do too much or lift or pull heavy things) I am still sore a little and anxious to recover. I am hoping the hematoma is re-absorbing and will get another ultrasound in a couple months to check. I'm completely frustrated as well and feel very useless....just want my life back. I was told a 2 week recovery and here I am 9 weeks later still recovering
I'm glad that we are all here for each other to talk to and express our feelings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2011, 04:53 AM

How is everyone doing? Is anyone pain free? I'm not, still low pain, the burning and pulling type of pain. 9 weeks post op Thursday.
Unread 10-10-2011, 04:47 PM

Hi Rosy,
I'm still not pain free and 12 weeks post op. I am still sore and tender and wondering if I need another ultrasound....My doctors already think I'm over-reacting too much over soreness and pain and keep reminding me that I have had major surgery. Why was I told only a 2 week recovery then instead of months? I'm not sure if the hematoma is re-absorbing or not and it's been a month since I found out about it. I've been told to wait another 4 weeks and 'see' what happens.
I'm tired of being in pain and being sore as I'm sure you are as well. I would have thought after 3 months I would have been fully recovered by now. I'm also dealing with being anemic and instead of checking my hemoglobin, I was just given an injection and sent on my way. I hope to see my family doctor soon and get it further checked, as I hope I'm not at the point that I need a blood transfusion.
Hoping that you feel better soon
Unread 10-10-2011, 05:58 PM

I will be 10 weeks Thursday and am so very tired of being tired, sore and swollen. I had asked my doctor when I will be happy I did this. She told me 3-4 months. OMG. When I read about the recovery from daVinci they stated 2 - 4 weeks recovery, this hematoma stalled the whole thing down to a snails pace. My doctor said once this last prescription of percocets is done (8 more left) she will not give me more and would refer me to a pain clinic. My insurance will not cover that. I would like day with no pain. She said it's healing, not sure how she can see up there? Very very frustrating.
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:51 PM

I'm tired of it all as well and after 3 months, I feel I'm entitled to some anger and resentment. I asked about my swelly belly as well and was told it was probably some water retention, but was not told if anything could be done to help it. The doctors have been so blase over everything, it makes me question if I am over-reacting?
My doctor refused to give me any pain meds after I left the hospital, said Advil would be fine. You are right, it's just frustration after frustration and I feel powerless in it all.
Unread 01-05-2012, 06:33 PM

I am 17 days post LAVH I was doing good at day 6 then day 8 came and I couldnt get out of bed i took pain meds and nothing helped my right leg was hurting really bad as well as my back I went to ER they said I had a UTI and gave me antibiotics. I had no releivf and my post op appt with my GYN was on that following tues and he did exam and sono and he said I have a hematoma I am in so much pain he did labs and he siad it doesnt seem to be infected but the pain is bad and I am have alot of pain (giving birth like) when I have a bowel movement is anyone else having this problem.
Unread 01-06-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaila View Post
I am 17 days post LAVH I was doing good at day 6 then day 8 came and I couldnt get out of bed i took pain meds and nothing helped my right leg was hurting really bad as well as my back I went to ER they said I had a UTI and gave me antibiotics. I had no releivf and my post op appt with my GYN was on that following tues and he did exam and sono and he said I have a hematoma I am in so much pain he did labs and he siad it doesnt seem to be infected but the pain is bad and I am have alot of pain (giving birth like) when I have a bowel movement is anyone else having this problem.
Where is the hematoma? Mine was under my lower left side incision and was very sore and painful. My doctor and gyno left it alone to re-absorb as opening me back up posed more risk for infection. It took 6 weeks for it to re-absorb and because of an earlier infection in my incision, and the trauma that area went through, it took a long time to heal properly
I was only told Advil for pain management which did not help at all. As far as your bowel movements, you may be constipated to a degree especially if you are on higher pain meds. You could also be still full of gas from the surgery....I was not able to fully release all of mine for a good 3 or 4 weeks. Walking will help alot and a stool softener was suggested to me as well.
A hematoma slows the healing process way down unfortunately I was told a 2 week recovery and it took a full 5 months to recover and not be sore or in pain. I still need to watch how much I lift. I hope this helps a little and we are always here to talk and listen Wishing you a speedy recovery

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register