Scheduled dVH/RALH ovarian cyst and fibroids | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ovarian cyst and fibroids ovarian cyst and fibroids

Unread 09-14-2011, 08:02 PM
ovarian cyst and fibroids

My procedure is one week away and I am nervous. I have such weird symptoms that I cannot understand. I have several fibroids in my Uterus and a hemmorragic cyst on my right ovary. I have pelvic pain that goes into both legs and both sides of the pelvis. I have muscle twitching in both legs as well. I also have low back pain. I am okay as long as I sit, but when I stand up that is when the weird feelings in my legs start. Has anyone experienced this before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Re: ovarian cyst and fibroids

Good Luck i am having surgery day after you, yes i have suffered these same symptoms and have no idea why or what they are but i do link them to my cysts and fibroids, wish i had answers for you as well as myself. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers
Unread 09-14-2011, 09:10 PM

I am so sorry you are both dealing with this. Sometimes ovarian cysts can cause pain, and sometimes they do not. The same is true for fibroids. Unfortunately, the ones that you both have are causing pain. I do not know why.

It is normal to be nervous before surgery, especially this one. It is major surgery, with removal of an important organ. I was nervous too, and it was my fourth surgery (although my first major one)!.

Good luck. Healing hugs and thoughts to you both. We will be waiting for you on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2011, 09:13 PM

i am in waiting too. Lucky for me I do not have the low back pain or leg pain. I would say though, as I work in a spine surgeons office, if it does not go away after surgery, get your low spine evaluated for the pain in the legs. Could be a lumbar problem.
Unread 09-16-2011, 08:21 PM

I had an MRI on lumbar spine a few months ago. It was normal. I just started the twitches and weird feeling in my legs recently. I had been contributing this to anxiety and stresss, however I have been reading some on this site and found that women that have had their hysterectomy already are experiencing this after surgery. Now I am thinking it may be hormones. One doc said it was coming from the cyst on my ovary and a nurse told me it wouldn't be that. Who can you trust? Good luck with your surgery. Mine is now in 5 days. Thanks for the response.
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:18 PM

I had a similar pain before my hysterectomy, too. If I stood for any length of time, I had a radiating pain around to my back and down my legs. I did ok sitting but standing was different. The pathology report after my TVH showed that I had fibroids and adenomyosis.

I hope your surgery and recovery are very smooth!

Deb
Unread 09-25-2011, 05:40 AM

Thank you!.. I am home from the surgery and am recovering. I still have a sluggish appitite and bladder. Had to wear a Foley Cathetor home from hospital. I had a few complications from some old scar tissue from a previous surgery. It was wrapped around the Ureter (sp) on the left side. It was squeezing the tube and causing the upper part of it to dialate. They said if I hadn't had the Di vinci surgery I would have lost my kidney in 1 to 2 years. Anyways, that kidney stopped functioning after the trauma. This caused me tremendous pain. the worst pain I have ever had. I thought I was dying and of course they told me it was gas. Back in ER same night of discharge from hospital. It started working on its own THANK GOD!!!and with his help. I started filling cathetor after cathetor bag of blood and urine. That is how full that kidney was. I am doing okay now, but I have had better days. Will be getting cathetor removed on Monday and pray that I pee on my own!. Thank you for letting me know I am not alone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register