only 2 wks left! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

only 2 wks left! only 2 wks left!

Unread 09-15-2011, 09:00 AM
only 2 wks left!

i went to the gyno yesterday to have an ultrasound, so they could see what they were taking out for sure.......

i have a 10 cm fibroid, along w/other little ones that have formed in the past 5 yrs since my myomectomy. my uterus is 75% larger than it should be.

no wonder it hurts all the time! i've known about the bigger fibroid for awhile now. didn't know how big it had gotten though. OMG - 10 cm is HUGE!

my gyno is out of the country for a family emergency. he doesn't come back until the 26th. his office is emailing him today to see if we can do the surgery on the 29th. if not then, she said it would definitely be on Oct. 4th. so.....i either have 14 days, or 18 days.

i was awake all nite last nite, worrying, thinking, etc. i've been more than ready for this, but now i'm just worried. and, not to mention, i'll be totally alone for the whole thing.

i'm getting an LAPH (?) - laproscopic hysterectomy. keeping the ovaries. only a 2-wk downtime. my son will be at home w/me, when he's not at school or work. but the hospital stay is completely alone. that really bothers me.

anyway - just thought i'd give my info.

thanx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Re: only 2 wks left!

Wow. I thought my fibroid was large, but yours is definitely noteworthy! Of course you're worried, that's natural! I have been taking acetaminophen PM nightly just to stay asleep for a few hours; otherwise I'd be exhausted.
Laproscopic means you'll have less healing on the outside, but there will definitely be interior pain. Your medical team should be ready to keep your pain managed and if you are alone (I have been there, too) they will keep tabs on you. Make sure you get all prescriptions prior to check in so you don't have to mess with that and read through the home prep ideas here so you can get yourself ready. It does help with your peace of mind!
Finally, you may be physically alone in hospital, but you will not be spiritually alone. Please don't forget there are a million "sisters" out here keeping you in their thoughts!
Unread 09-15-2011, 11:18 AM

thanx, mrsallnut! i plan on spending a lot of time on here now, for the next couple of wks, just to get ready for the surgery. i've thought, for a really long time, that the info & opinions, stories, have all been very helpful & inspirational. now, maybe i'll be able to add my 2 cents worth afterwards.

and thanx for the reminder of the support. it's nice knowing there are so many others that have gone thru it, and are there to answer questions, or just be there spiritually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2011, 11:41 AM

My surgery is in 6 days! I cannot focus on anything else. I have already stopped working. I wasn't focused on it anyway. I am ready to have this pain over with, but I am very nervous about what I will feel like waking up. Will I feel like a man? Since I don't have ovaries and a uterus. and will I start sweating right away? I know it may sound funny, but will I no longer feel like me? Maybe that will be a good thing.
Unread 09-15-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistershell View Post
My surgery is in 6 days! I cannot focus on anything else. I have already stopped working. I wasn't focused on it anyway. I am ready to have this pain over with, but I am very nervous about what I will feel like waking up. Will I feel like a man? Since I don't have ovaries and a uterus. and will I start sweating right away? I know it may sound funny, but will I no longer feel like me? Maybe that will be a good thing.
i totally understand what you mean. i don't think it'll be so much of a problem of feeling like a man, though. i've never heard any woman that i know say that.

i worry about how much pain there will be afterwards. thats when i hate being alone. i did that with my knee surgery - and it sucked having no one there.
Unread 09-15-2011, 01:02 PM

Hi aidycakes!

I had my laparoscopic hyst last Monday, also for a bunch of fibroids, two of them the size of a grapefruit. My uterus weighted 1 kg! So I understand how you feel.

I'm sorry you will have to be alone at the hospital. I was in a lot of pain because of the gas they use for this kind of surgery, and my DH was a great support. But he has a back condition that could get worse if he had to sleep at the hospital (the sofa there didn't look too comfortable), so I sent him home every evening. I had to stay for three days and I was afraid I would feel helpless and lonely during the nights, but the nurses were really nice to me and helped me a lot, so it was not so bad after all.

I hope everything will be OK and you will have a speedy recovery. And as MrsAllnut said, we will keep you in our thoughts!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register