Scheduled TAH help - read dignosis read cevical cancer? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help - read dignosis read cevical cancer? help - read dignosis read cevical cancer?

Unread 09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
help - read dignosis read cevical cancer?

Has anyone had cevical cancer or precancerous cell with a normal pap 6 months ago? Read my dignosis for surgery while I waited to talk with pre-op nurse, I was aware of all the other on the list, except the last two words one was cerivcal and thought the second said cancer. No one has mentioned this to me.

Now I freaking out! Must call Dr office.....

Sue

Thank for letting me vent..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Re: help - read dignosis read cevical cancer?

Hi Sue,
The best thing to do is go see your Dr. and definitely ask all of your questions. You will be in my prayers. Think positive if you read precancerous it means it is just beginning. I am not a Dr. but there is hope. It will be removed and no worries. Again think positive. Hoping your surgery goes well. My mother had precancerous cells in her breast. She had them removed and she is well for 8 years now.
Unread 09-15-2011, 01:14 PM

Hiya

I had cervical cancer and i had a TAH as it was confined to my cerivx...have u had an mri scan? I had normal smear/pap tests too it was a shock to me to babe....am here if u want to talk babe..xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2011, 08:58 PM

called office and said it look like precancerous cell. I do not know how they could tell they have not done biopsy.
Unread 09-16-2011, 09:01 PM

Hi
usaj - did not have mri. I am still not sure what they were talking about, it was something he saw back in july when I had my exam. I thought he might meant polyps. At least they are taking everything,
Unread 09-17-2011, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orrs View Post
Hi
usaj - did not have mri. I am still not sure what they were talking about, it was something he saw back in july when I had my exam. I thought he might meant polyps. At least they are taking everything,
Hey orrs

Pls let me know how u get on....and if u want to talk im here xxxxx

If u can request an MRI..x they are very detailed scans and they pick up everything..x
Unread 09-17-2011, 08:28 AM

Hi Orrs - I've been thru the pre-cancerous scare twice. The first time was in my 20's and I had 4 paps w/in a 6 month period - all came back normal but I knew something wasnt right down there. The last one FINALLY picked up the abn. cells and they called it precancerous even before the biop. I had the freeze and all was well until recently (20yrs later) and again they called it pre-cancerous before the biop. This time being in my 40's I knew to ask alot more questions - she assured me I did not have cancer so I wanted to know why do they call it that and why would they scare the heck out of someone with that 'WORD' if the werent sure & how do they know before the biop?

My Dr. explained based on the 1-4 pap scale anything that is 2 or above they 'consider' precancerous (as a precaution) but that it does not mean it WILL turn to cancer however there is a high chance it COULD turn to cancer. Of course the older you are the higher the chance. When she did the scope she found 2 spots that she bioped - they came back high but not cancerous but they still called it precancerous. While her explaination calmed me some its still confusing and scary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register