Scheduled TVH Doctor closing practice...now what? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doctor closing practice...now what? Doctor closing practice...now what?

Unread 09-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Doctor closing practice...now what?

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now. I received a letter in the mail today--3 actually, 1 for each member of the family--from my primary care physician. As of Sept. 30, he's closing his practice, leaving me and my family without a family doctor. How does this affect my hysterectomy on Tuesday? Well, part of the requirement for payment by my insurance is that my surgeon has to coordinate with my primary care physician on EVERYTHING, and the surgeon's office can't get in touch with the primary care's office to get anything done because they're not answering their phones and their voice mail boxes for every extension are full. My records are supposedly going to be transferred to this other doctor, but I have no idea if he's on my insurance plan, and even if he is, this leaves me with having to have followup with a doctor I've never met before. Hubby's going tomorrow to the insurance office to find out what they want us to do in this situation. But I swear, my head's going to explode now.

I know there's no point in freaking out at this very minute, but I kind of can't help it. I never liked my primary care physician, but he's who my insurance assigned me to and before he had his midlife crisis, he was a really good doctor. Right now though, if I could find him, I'd smack him upside the head and tell him to suck it up and get over it. I swear one thing though. If this little stunt by my primary care doctor in any way messes up me having my surgery Tuesday, I will hunt him down and read him the riot act before smacking him upside the head with a 2 x 4. Okay, I won't hit him, but I'll feel like it! Argh!!!

Well, thanks for listening to my rant. I sure hope the insurance can help hubby straighten things out tomorrow. I don't have time for this mess.

--A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register