Scheduled TAH Concerns about a roommate - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Concerns about a roommate Concerns about a roommate

Unread 09-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Re: Concerns about a roommate

I had a roommate and she was lovely!
The first night we were both sleepy from anesthesia, so no problems, second night, well even if you are alone you don't get much sleep because of the check ups.
During day times we had some good laughs and talks. It's not always negative!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2011, 09:49 AM

I have never heard of them mixing males with females in an hospital before, but that is something. I think if I had someone whom came to the hospital with me, I would have had them request that I be put with females are in a private room. Did anyone on staff give an explanation for doing this?? I think I would be complaining, this is not right. From my understanding when I had my C-sections anyone with an open surgery incension should be placed in an private room due to the risk of infection. I hope I get an private room due to the degree of surgery I am having and I would like to have my husband stay overnight. My insurance will cover this as long as my doctor states it is medical necessary. My last stay in the hospital I developed an infection and had to have a nurse come and pack my incension at home. I am praying since I am going to the same hospital that my bed will be changed this time. I stayed on the same sheet and bed linen from Friday morning till I was discharged Monday evening. My sheet was stained and dirty, this may have contributed to my infection. It is something I will never forget due to the pain.
Unread 09-24-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuGu22 View Post
I have never heard of them mixing males with females in an hospital before, but that is something. I think if I had someone whom came to the hospital with me, I would have had them request that I be put with females are in a private room. Did anyone on staff give an explanation for doing this?? I think I would be complaining, this is not right. From my understanding when I had my C-sections anyone with an open surgery incension should be placed in an private room due to the risk of infection. I hope I get an private room due to the degree of surgery I am having and I would like to have my husband stay overnight. My insurance will cover this as long as my doctor states it is medical necessary. My last stay in the hospital I developed an infection and had to have a nurse come and pack my incension at home. I am praying since I am going to the same hospital that my bed will be changed this time. I stayed on the same sheet and bed linen from Friday morning till I was discharged Monday evening. My sheet was stained and dirty, this may have contributed to my infection. It is something I will never forget due to the pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register