Scheduled TVH Ok, now I am a bit nervous... Hyst date moved up! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ok, now I am a bit nervous... Hyst date moved up! Ok, now I am a bit nervous... Hyst date moved up!

Unread 09-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Ok, now I am a bit nervous... Hyst date moved up!

Went to my GYN today for long period of bleeding and the pain that has been associated with it. I had underwent a ablation/tubal on June 6, 2011. That did not work for me. I get a period more than I was previously (pre-ablation). So the doctor decided that it would be best if we moved up my scheduled hysterectomy to the 7th of October rather than the 17th which has been on the books since August. It is becoming very real to me now, I know it is going to be rough in the beginning but in the log run it will let me get my life back (finally). Any word of encouragement? Also in today's exam the doctor found something suspicious on my left side near the uterus. When she felt around there I about flew off of the table....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Re: Ok, now I am a bit nervous... Hyst date moved up!

Sorry about the new pain on the left side... Hopefully that solves easy...

I would be so glad to move up my date or even have one right now. The holidays are coming so fast and I do not want to be down for them.
It will give you more time for healing and feeling better, less time waiting...
Hope all goes well...
Unread 09-16-2011, 02:48 AM

I went from finding out I had a problem to having surgry 9 days later. I was so thankful that there was no more time in between. I had to get certain things done like getting some stretchy pants I could comfortably wear after surgery and grooming all the dogs so I wouldn't have to do them for at least 6 weeks. Then I was on to the liquid diet and off to the hosptal. Any more time to think I would have gone crazy. Everything went unbelievably well and I was home 48 hours after I got out of surgey even though it was a TAH. Hope your surgery goes well and that the time before goes quickly for you. Best Wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2011, 05:36 AM

My surgery got moved up 13 days too. I'm three days post op: the change initially freaked me out, but it helped so much for me to think of that initial date, then imagine how good it would feel to be already on the healing side when September 30th rolled around. It feels almost like a gift now, or a head start, and shortening the prep time gave me less time to stress.

Truly, I imagine you'll feel similarly. Hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register