Very Large Uterus, Very Scared (UPDATED) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very Large Uterus, Very Scared (UPDATED) Very Large Uterus, Very Scared (UPDATED)

Unread 09-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Re: Very Large Uterus, Very Scared

be strong and of good courage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2011, 07:42 PM

Wow, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. You are so strong and brave. I am scheduled for my TAH on Monday and was told I would need both a vertical and horizontal incision due to the size of the fibroid. I am terrified but ready to get it over with too. I wish you all the best...take care of yourself...it is time for you to do that.
Unread 09-17-2011, 07:13 PM

You poor love, it's time to look after you now..

You are obviously a stronger person than you think if you can get through all of that you can do anything.. :-)
Your insurance runs out in November, maybe that is a sign for you to get in there and get it done now... It's not going get any smaller.

My uterus is enlarged and I have a couple of fibroids, not as big as yours though and I'm going in on the 27th of Sept. I'm not going to lie to you , I'm scare as all he'll but I know it has to be done, I have faith in my doctor as does my husband so I know I shouldnt worry.

I believe 1 good turn deserves another and it's your turn.

:good luck:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady44 View Post
I am new here (Although I have visited site for 3-4 years when trying to decide what to do and would love any help or encouragement. I have known I have fibroids for many years, but they did not cause excessive symtoms until about 3 years ago. Since that time I have tremendous bleeding, clotting, pain (at least 10 days a month) and pressure all of the time. When hysterectomy was first mentioned to me, I had just taken custody of my mentally ill sister's newborn, so I did not think it was the right time. Next, my college-aged daughter came home after Freshman year - pregnant. So, I promised all concerned family members that I would finally have the surgery after the baby was born. The first three months we were all exhausted and just when I scheduled for hysterectomy, my beloved grandson died in the care of a neighborhood babysitter. I spent the past year grieving and taking care of my heartbroken daughter. The point of all of this is: in all of this stress and time, my uterus has grown to the size of a twenty four week pregnancy, I am anemic, and one of ny ureters is being blocked from the pressure. My insurance ends in November and I am afraid it will be pre-existing if we get private insurance (husband laid off) . I am terrified of the surgery as my second opinion told me because it is so big, it is now more risky (blood loss) and will have to be a vertical cut, abdominal surgery . I was the last person he should have said that to because I am already so scared. I know the loss of my angel has caused me to have even more anxiety about my mortality, but I was scared before too. Is there anyone who had an extra large fibroid uterus that can relate? I have to get a grip, but I just start crying whenever my husband, parents, children start to pressure me to set the date. Please help me...........
Hi brady44, i too have pain and excessive bleeding due to large fibroid 16cm at last dr. visit which was over a year ago, no surgery date set as of yet, hang in there and I too and scared to have surgery (TAH.)Hope you have a really good support system , god bless. denice clark
Unread 10-07-2011, 11:14 AM

Meghan-thank you so much for your reply. It was a relief to hears from someone else with a similar size, etc. Three of the doctors I consulted suggested Lupron! But there really wasn't enough time to make it worth it once I finallly got insurance to approve it. And I was worried about other side effects. Do you have a date set?
Unread 10-07-2011, 11:56 AM

Thank you all so much for your wonderful responses! I read the first few the day you wrote them and cried and cried and just thought I would write back when I emotionally could and when no one is around to watch me cry more! And I am so sorry it is now 3 weeks later. I appreciate your words of encouragement and acknowlegment of my loss of Brady. And I can't tell you how comforting it is to hear from each of you.
Turanga- thank you for sharing your story, how are you feeling now? I know I have to TRUST, just having trouble getting there.

Mrs Allnut - Thank you How did your surgery go?

Roxy63, SMSmith, Milena - I am prayful that you have all had continued, smooth recoveries in the last couple of weeks.

I have gone to 2 more doctors (now a total of 5) in search of one that calms my fears and I now HAVE to make a decision. My mind is swirling with all of these thoughts that I have to choose the right doctor and the right hospital or the outcome with be bad, when really they are all competent. I mean nutty stuff like one doctor is a genius but seems rushed, one is really old and has seen alot of surgeries but does not even have email in his office (very old school), one's hands were shaking when he was reading my MRI papers, one's office was super messy (really bad), and UGGGHHHH! I have to stop this madness and get on with my life. I promise I am not crazy, just really neurotic about this surgery and the events of the last few years definitely played a part in this anxiety.

Love to all of my new sisters!!
Unread 10-07-2011, 12:03 PM

Marzipan 01 and RMIx2 - just realized you both had your surgeries as well, how was it? I hope everything is going good and you are each getting lots of rest and support.

Denise- any closer to setting a date?
Barren - thank you for the encouragement
Unread 10-07-2011, 12:10 PM

no date set as of yet hopeful soon, maybe before the new year. Thanks bless you all so much.
Unread 10-07-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady44 View Post
Meghan-thank you so much for your reply. It was a relief to hears from someone else with a similar size, etc. Three of the doctors I consulted suggested Lupron! But there really wasn't enough time to make it worth it once I finallly got insurance to approve it. And I was worried about other side effects. Do you have a date set?
I'm worried about the side effects too. The doc is going to give me the birth control pill to counteract them somewhat. I looked up the side effects of that particular one (Mircette), and they sound terrible too! But I fear the recovery from such a huge incision even more. I
t wouldn't be so bad if it were just me, but I have 2 year old to take care of. Mt uterus is malformed and we couldn't have kids. We adopted him at birth and now I feel like I'm failing him by not being able to take care of him while I'm recovering. It's an awful feeling. I'm finally a mom after waiting sooooo long and I won't even be able to take care of myself.
I don't have a date set yet. I talked to the scheduler yesterday and they don't have the calendar open yet for January. She said that she thought January 10th was possible though, so I'm using that date in my head to mentally prepare.
Unread 10-07-2011, 12:55 PM

Oh Meghan- you are not failing him, you will be able to take care of him even better after your recovery! These big fibroids are so cumbersome. I don't know what all symptoms you have, but hopefully we will each have a better quality of life that can be shared with our children in the near future!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register