Very Large Uterus, Very Scared (UPDATED) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very Large Uterus, Very Scared (UPDATED) Very Large Uterus, Very Scared (UPDATED)

Unread 10-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Re: Very Large Uterus, Very Scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady44 View Post
Marzipan 01 and RMIx2 - just realized you both had your surgeries as well, how was it? I hope everything is going good and you are each getting lots of rest and support.

Denise- any closer to setting a date?
Barren - thank you for the encouragement

Had my TAH 11 days ago and feel fantastic... Haven't taken any drugs for 3 days so to me that is a plus.. Not doing much as my DH is doing all the cooking and the kids are helping as much as they can..

Just letting you know the lady in the bed next to me in the hospital had the same thing but a vertical incision and she was moving around In no time it actually gave me inspiration... She had the same surgeon as me and she had staples and I didn't. She had them removed on the day she left hospital and didn't feel a thing.. You are so numb for days that you dont feel anything...

Everyone is worried about their first BM which is no problem if you take ACTILAX every night, which I still do but am now..
taking it every second night...

Don't be scared, I went in the hospital as calm as anything because of this site and all the support.. For that I am grateful I know I couldn't have done it without the sisters here.

Sending much needed hugs and confidence your way..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2011, 05:48 PM

I think its time to think of you now and I can indeed relate to your story. I had bleeding for many years with a very enlarged uterus, this past year I bled no stop for more than six months. It left me extremely anemic so I went ahead and had a total TAH. Its been a little more than six weeks now and I truly believe I have a whole new lease on life, I am not kidding you its fantastic not to be bleeding and sick anymore. Yes, I was very scared too but its the best thing I have ever done for myself. Sending you a big hug because you have been through a lot and its time to think of you for a change.
Unread 10-07-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady44 View Post
I am new here (Although I have visited site for 3-4 years when trying to decide what to do and would love any help or encouragement. I have known I have fibroids for many years, but they did not cause excessive symtoms until about 3 years ago. Since that time I have tremendous bleeding, clotting, pain (at least 10 days a month) and pressure all of the time. When hysterectomy was first mentioned to me, I had just taken custody of my mentally ill sister's newborn, so I did not think it was the right time. Next, my college-aged daughter came home after Freshman year - pregnant. So, I promised all concerned family members that I would finally have the surgery after the baby was born. The first three months we were all exhausted and just when I scheduled for hysterectomy, my beloved grandson died in the care of a neighborhood babysitter. I spent the past year grieving and taking care of my heartbroken daughter. The point of all of this is: in all of this stress and time, my uterus has grown to the size of a twenty four week pregnancy, I am anemic, and one of ny ureters is being blocked from the pressure. My insurance ends in November and I am afraid it will be pre-existing if we get private insurance (husband laid off) . I am terrified of the surgery as my second opinion told me because it is so big, it is now more risky (blood loss) and will have to be a vertical cut, abdominal surgery . I was the last person he should have said that to because I am already so scared. I know the loss of my angel has caused me to have even more anxiety about my mortality, but I was scared before too. Is there anyone who had an extra large fibroid uterus that can relate? I have to get a grip, but I just start crying whenever my husband, parents, children start to pressure me to set the date. Please help me...........
You have been through so much. But hold onto your faith and trust in God. Pray all will go well, pray about your past and for your future. My mom died in 1995 and than I found out that January I was pregnant with twins. Sadly I miscarried at 11 weeks and 15, I felt like everything I love was dying. But what helped me was I asked my mom to help me through my hard times. She came to me in a dream and insured me everything would be okay. In another dream she told me I would have a baby and low and behold I had a baby boy born five years and at the exact time she fell ill the day she died. Everyone in the hospital says he is my mother child, because it was so wonderful he was born on the day she passed five years apart. Hold on to your FAITH and you will find all the answers you are uncertain about. My surgery is 11/7 and I am a little scared off and on also. It is okay to be afraid and upset sometimes it is all apart of life. Your goint to be okay, your stronger than you think. Remember what you lost will come back to you in a different way. Your little angel will always be with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2012, 07:23 PM

So, I have a confession to make! I cancelled my hysterectomy 4 more times and now almost a year later, I have my back against the wall again with insurance ending and uterus still growing. So I have the date set for July 24th and once again my fear is out of control. I know that negative thoughts are not good for going into surgery. But I want to tell yall that this website gives me so much inspiration and even though I don't always log all the way in etc., I do get on here alot and read all of the pre-op posts and feel so blessed to know you are all out there! Hugs to all of you!
Unread 07-13-2012, 08:25 PM

After reading your heartbreaking story and your own physical problems......I beg of you...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....don't back out this time. You have to let yourself get well in order to continue taking care of everyone else. The only way for you to get well is to have this surgery. It is terrifying, but it is your only option. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE allow yourself to get well and heal. I am scared silly myself as I am only 32, but I had to make myself understand I cannot take care of my family and their needs if my body is failing me.
You have been on 1 mean rollercoaster of lifes twists and turns, Please give yourself the gift of healing. We are here at all times, Please keep us posted on your decisions.
[[[[[[[[[[HEALING HUGS of STRENGTH]]]]]] to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register