pain - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Re: pain

I am hoping to just use Motrin. I dont do well with being put to sleep plus the narcotics on top of it is what I think causes most of my problems. Last time I went in they gave me more for being sick than for pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2011, 02:01 PM

I too can't take narcotics. Had LAVH 9/12. Because of scar tissue from previous appendectomy in 1960, surgery took almost 5 hours. I've been sore but I've had no pain. Have taken no pain meds and didn't use pain pump. Took me a while to pass gas. No problems w/BM. Yeah, first couple of urinations were uncomfortable. As soon as I knew I was gonna have surgery, met w/my physical therapist to work on a plan to strengthen me for surgery. Obviously it must've worked. Not saying you need to workout like an Olympian but getting strong, working on the abs sure worked for me. My hardest problem is not doing too much. I feel great.
Unread 09-17-2011, 06:31 PM

I have had problems with my abdominal muscles not healing from my csections. They are weak. I have been working on it. I am getting Married in 6 weeks. I have lost 40 pounds. So I am working on that part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2011, 06:37 PM

It sounds like you are doing the best thing you can for yourself. Everyone is different and for me the surgery wasn't too bad but pain control was a HUGE issue. If the meds make you ill, they may be able to give you an anti-nausea med before giving pain med. I used SKelaxin and Soma which are both muscle relaxers. They worked really well. You may need to discuss this with your doc at pre-op appt. so they know this may be an issue. I know they can make this work for you.
Unread 09-17-2011, 07:05 PM

I am having this done by the same doctor that has done all my previous surgeries and at the same hospital. Thay have a detailed history plus the fact that as soon as I go in I tell the nurses and everyone else that I need meds so I dont get sick. So that is one of the first things given to me. I still have so many questions. I am going to see my doctor Friday to discuss exactly what is going to be done. So I will have more info then. Thanks everyone for all the info. It helps ease my mind.
Unread 09-18-2011, 12:24 AM

From having a lot of nausea and not liking to take much Benedryl is awesome if you have that problem and it will make you sleepy and you don't notice the pain. Ibuprofen is good to. HUGS and good luck!!
Unread 09-18-2011, 05:55 AM

After doing much thinking I have decided that all the pain I have had for the last 3 years will hpefully end. I can handle 6 weeks of being uncomfortable. Maybe then all the things that caused my pain will be gone. I am looking forward to doing things with my family and not having to say no I cant because I am having a bad day today. Me and my soon to be husband have been together 6 years and sex has always hurt. I am hoping once I am healed to be able to have pain free sex. I am ready.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register