How often do they have to change the surgery type? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How often do they have to change the surgery type? How often do they have to change the surgery type?

Unread 09-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Re: How often do they have to change the surgery type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg1515 View Post
Mine was large also and lodged between my pelvic bones. Doctor did it all laproscopically. It took 3.5 hrs instead of the 2.5 he originally thought, but he took his time and did it.

When we discussed options before surgery he had said that the only reason he might not be able to do it laproscopically was if he could not see the blood vessels once he got in. That is not something you can tell from any exams. He also said he prefers laproscopically because it is more fun for him.

I am just about 6 weeks out from my LSH and feel better than before surgery, and am back to all pre surgery activities.

Good luck!
MIne took a little longer since it was so big but he took his time and everything went really well. Doing very well and walked around 4-5 miles, 5 days this week. Still a little sore but not bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renae71 View Post
I was given options for which kind of surgery. I based my choice on recovery time because of my home commitments.

I think that training, facilities, the doctor's own confidence in his/her skills, and your test results would have had an impact on the best surgical option for you.

I was amazed it was an option at all for me.

Good fortune!
Thank Renae,

it makes sense if you have home commitments; however, it also make sense why there might be a need to change the surgery type too. because other things can be discovered...

When my doctor told me I would need the abdominal, I wasn't too happy but after I really thought about it, I'm ok with it because I'd rather her see everything.
Unread 09-21-2011, 04:30 PM

I had the pre-surgery appointment with my doctor this morning. I discussed with him that I was "okay" if the surgery went differently than expected and he needed to change gears. He was glad that I was up front with him about that. I do understand that the unexpected can happen in any surgery and wanted him to really be aware that he didn't have to ride the train to the end if he felt it needed to change tracks.

I'm grateful my doctor is someone I feel is really listening and hearing what I'm saying. Being comfortable with your surgeon makes everything seem more in control.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register