Scheduled TAH Eating for two, me and my uterus - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Eating for two, me and my uterus Eating for two, me and my uterus

Unread 09-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Re: Eating for two, me and my uterus

I didn't worry about a bowel prep before my surgery at all. As a matter of fact, I treated myself as much as possible the day before... I even made a big steak and potatoes dinner for my family! Just make sure to eat LOTS of protein for healing. I went so far as to buy protein bars and eat 1-2 a day for a week before surgery. I can honestly tell you, it is helping me tremendously now! I'm 7 days post-op, and the area around my staples is pink and healthy, and I don't even have any discharge to speak of. They usually will give you a stool softener at the castle anyway, so if you're worried about that, just remember to ask your nurses to give you one a bit early if you get uncomfortable. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2011, 08:39 AM

All this is just to funny, I am having my TAH on Thursday and I have been so hungry, granted my PMS has kicked in but I have been bribing my husband to take me shopping today for some last minute things and all I can think about is where I want to have lunch.

I am so freaked about gaining weight afterwards from being so sedentary for 6-8 week I some how feel justified splurging these last few days.
I have been eating good food but to much and then my stomach hurts. Same with the nausea.

I have been having lemon and water before my coffee and that seems to be helping curb my appetite.

I do have to say I don;t have much room in my stomach to spare splurging so I hope this subsides. I plan on the next few days, drinking tons of water, lots of fresh foods and good protein.

Good luck Allnut-I will be thinking of you. I am looking forward to this being over-with too.
Unread 09-18-2011, 09:03 AM

I just had a bowl of delicious jello...yum. That is about all I can eat today since my surgery is tomorrow. The bowel prep is officially in full action. I just took my last dose of that...thank goodness. My hubby and kids are getting ready to go to a surprise b-day party for my hubby's uncle. He is in remission from cancer and they are having a big lunch for him. So, I have to stay home and close to the potty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2011, 02:22 PM

Thank you for the tip. I planned on starting this afternoon, hoping I'll be cleared out by 11:00 AM. My doc has had me on colace for two weeks, so I'm hoping it won't be too long starting. I do know I will be an absolute grouch by surgery time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merr View Post
Hi Mrs Allnut,
I went crazy today going on a liquid diet before my bowel prep (I found it to be less painful) - I work in a restaurant and was staring at food all day. I plan to start my bowel prep early- like 5 am, which is in three hours, because I know last time it took a while to kick in,like 4 hours, then it lasted FOREVER!!! I was still having to go as they were wheeling me into surgery-YUCK! So, this time I am hoping it will be all over with by say 9 pm tomorrow and I can get a good nights sleep before my surgery. I have to be to the hospital at 6am, and I don't need to be totally exhausted when I will already be caffeine deprived. Good luck to you for tomorrow and monday and I will see you on the other side.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register