Scheduled LAVH Is it normal to feel so sad before? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it normal to feel so sad before? Is it normal to feel so sad before?

Unread 09-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Re: Is it normal to feel so sad before?

Lasso,
You hang in there. We are all here praying for you. I know personally how you feel and what you seem to be going through. I am also overweight, but since my procedure, I feel so much better in my body. I think that is helping me with what I need to do to feel better about myself. I didn't realize that my health issues and the way that I felt physically, also contributed to the way I thought of myself mentally. So I just kept putting on more weight. With the pain and bleeding gone now, I actually want to get out and do things.

I will keep praying for you and your peace of mind. Please hold your head up. You are a beautiful, strong person....no matter what. God loves you and will give you all the strength to overcome this. It does feel better on the other side.

I am sending you lots of hugs. Please feel free to message me anytime. Take care.

Tabitha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Re: Is it normal to feel so sad before?

Hi,
I think it is completely normal to feel this way. I am 2 weeks post surgery, and I was so terrified before the surgery. The only advice I can give, is just put one foot in front of the other, and just get through each day. That's what I did. It's also normal I think to feel sad, you are losing a part of you that makes you "female." Even if you are older and finished having children, like I am, I still think you mourn the loss. But it does get better, and if you are doing this for medical reasons,
( fibroids, or cancer ), then you are doing the right thing. This is a great website for support, so come here whenever you need a shoulder or and ear to listen. Good luck and hang in there. Everything will be ok. <3

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register