cramps and pain with endo surgery 2 mos away | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cramps and pain with endo surgery 2 mos away cramps and pain with endo surgery 2 mos away

Unread 09-18-2011, 11:57 AM
cramps and pain with endo surgery 2 mos away

My surgery, because of work issues, is not until the end of November. Since July I have been having intense cramping, pain across very lower abdoman,etc. I take continuous birth control that obviously isn't doing its job any more as cramping has gotten progressively worse since then. I intend to call my doc tomorrow, but with so long before surgery, are there options for this cramping? I considered the ER last night, but it's better today. Ibuprofen is out of the question because of other meds I take. Are pain pills it or is there something else, some injection maybe, that might get me by? I have the heating pad across my lower pelvic area almost 24/7 when I'm not at work. I was thinking it might be a UTI, but it seems too constant and too crampy to be that now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Re: cramps and pain with endo surgery 2 mos away

My surgery is Oct 7. I had heavy periods and a thermal ablation last Sept 2010. POOF, no periods..yea, Im done. HA! In Aug I started having what felt like strong period cramps. Im thought must be just a passing thing. After two weeks I went to Dr and discovered the fibroid I had and we thought would shrink from the thermal ablation a year earlier.....hadn't. I scheduled my surgery in Oct due to work and family needs. I have cramping every day and a week ago, out of the blue I had what seemed like a mini period. It's all so frustrating.
Unread 09-18-2011, 05:09 PM

and due to where i work i cant have my hysterectomy until the beginning of next year....everyone around me does not understand my pain.....i had two periods this month.....n everything is making me i just want some relief.....even my doc dosent believe im in pain....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2011, 05:23 PM

I can totally sympathize. I'm there with you. I've been suffering with these cramps since first week in Aug. And even tho I pray daily they will go away and I can cancel surgery....I also pray these next few weeks will go by quickly so I can just get in there and get it done to get some relief. My heart goes out to you. These weeks have been miserable. I can not imagine waiting months. But like you I had to schedule it around work. I nice hot water bottle can help somedays, and fortunately for me I can take a nice soak in the hot tub, too. Hang in there. I believe you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register