Surgery Tuesday, Sept 20th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Tuesday, Sept 20th Surgery Tuesday, Sept 20th

Unread 09-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Surgery Tuesday, Sept 20th

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept 20. I went for my pre-op visit Friday. He explained to me how complicated the surgery would be. I have severe endometriosis that is attached to my bowels, intestines and colon. I also have adenomyosis and a big adenomyoma. There will be three surgeons, my GYN, a General Surgeon and Urologist assisting during the surgery. I started on a 48 hour liquid diet this morning and will start on the prep tomorrow afternoon. I am 35 years old and no children. That is the worse part knowing that I will never be able to conceive. I have hurt for years but kept holding out on the much needed surgery hoping that I would have a child before having a hysterectomy. Everything will be removed including my cervix and appendix. I have total faith and trust in God that He will help see me through this. I know that He can take something bad and turn it into something good. My prayers are with each one of you...reading your posts has helped me through this difficult time. God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Re: Surgery Tuesday, Sept 20th

I will be pumped full of pain meds while you are undergoing surgery so please know that you will be in my thoughts, whenever I can find a coherent one. I can't say I know what you are going through, but I have watched my SIL go through years of painful endo and a subsequent hyster and I can tell you, she has nothing but praise for the surgery. Every woman I know has said it was the best decision they ever made.
God will see you through this; He holds you in His hands and He has a plan for you.
Bless you, I will see you on the other side!
Unread 09-18-2011, 04:08 PM

Praying for you as you go through this. I am having my surgery tomorrow so I will still be in the hospital on Tuesday. I am 43 and never gave birth either. We have two beautiful children through adoption. May God bring you through this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2011, 06:00 PM

I totally understand what you are going through. I am having a LAVH/BSO tomorrow because of endo. I am 29 and have no children, although I do have a wonderful step-daughter. I just finished the bowel prep and am ready for tomorrow. I will keep you in my prayers.
Merr
Unread 09-18-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab7684 View Post
My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept 20. I went for my pre-op visit Friday. He explained to me how complicated the surgery would be. I have severe endometriosis that is attached to my bowels, intestines and colon. I also have adenomyosis and a big adenomyoma. There will be three surgeons, my GYN, a General Surgeon and Urologist assisting during the surgery. I started on a 48 hour liquid diet this morning and will start on the prep tomorrow afternoon. I am 35 years old and no children. That is the worse part knowing that I will never be able to conceive. I have hurt for years but kept holding out on the much needed surgery hoping that I would have a child before having a hysterectomy. Everything will be removed including my cervix and appendix. I have total faith and trust in God that He will help see me through this. I know that He can take something bad and turn it into something good. My prayers are with each one of you...reading your posts has helped me through this difficult time. God Bless!
Keep the Faith, If you Lose Your Faith you will Lose Everything. Things will be okay, my prayers are with you.
Unread 09-19-2011, 10:48 AM

Wishing you all the best. I go for mine tomorrow too. I have battled stage III endometriosis for 10 years with multiple surgeries. I'm just hoping for some type of quality of life-- I just exist now. Again, best of luck to you.
Unread 09-19-2011, 01:22 PM

Thank you so much for the nice messages. Each one of you will be in my prayers. CHSNative, I guess we will be going through this together tomorrow. My prayers are with you - we will have to stay in touch after surgery. Hopefully, we both will have a better quaility of life after surgery.
Unread 09-19-2011, 01:28 PM

Endo wasn't the primary reasons that I had my LSH/LSO, but I can tell you this: I did have endo & fibroids, and I am in less pain 3 days post op (except for the gas pains), than I was in August of this year - pre op.

I hope that helps cast off some of your concerns.

Best of Luck & Big Hugs for you tomorrow!
Unread 09-20-2011, 04:35 AM

best wishes everyone, my hysterectomy is at 1 pm today. really hate to hear that so many very young woman have to go through this, I am blessed to have had 3 kids. Kab I will be thinking of you and all the rest of the sisters here..hugs to all...
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:41 AM

hi-
just wanted to say I am home from hospital and all is going well for me so far. I am in pain, but thats what good drugs are for right? Hope your surgery goes as well as mine did. God bless you-
Merr

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register