Scheduled TVH Extremely Annoyed by Everything! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Extremely Annoyed by Everything! Extremely Annoyed by Everything!

Unread 09-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Extremely Annoyed by Everything!

I'm 9 days away from having my TVH with A&P repair and bladder sling. I'm in a lot of pain and my pain killers just really aren't cutting it anymore. Today was my step-mom's surprise 65th birthday party and i was texting with my oldest sister last night and telling her I just didn't feel up to going and she told me tough **** and suck it up. I did go cause I didn't want to disappoint my dad, but I felt pretty weak the whole time. Anyways, I'm sitting with my two older sisters, neither of which has experienced a hysterectomy and they're both telling me how so and so went back to work the day after she had hers and I said well I doubt I'll be back to normal that fast, especially if I come home with a catheter like my doctor said I might. When I said my doctor said I'll probably spend the first two weeks in bed healing, they acted like I was crazy and there's no way I'll need to do that. I'm so annoyed! How do they know? Plus I'm having some major repairs done while they're in there. I'm just so mad right now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Re: Extremely Annoyed by Everything!

Julza - Print out a few of the articles from the misterhystersister site and give them to your sisters. That will help them have a clue on what you are facing.
Unread 09-18-2011, 08:17 PM

I have no advice for you, but I do want to give you some sympathy! You are handling it much better than I would. My sister luckily just said that she was sorry to hear about my surgery. If she had pulled the crap your sisters did there would have been some serious yelling going on!!! Why exactly do people feel the need to compare the recovery times of two people?! It is bad enough when we try to compare ourselves to others!

Grrrrrrr!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzav28 View Post
I'm 9 days away from having my TVH with A&P repair and bladder sling. I'm in a lot of pain and my pain killers just really aren't cutting it anymore. Today was my step-mom's surprise 65th birthday party and i was texting with my oldest sister last night and telling her I just didn't feel up to going and she told me tough **** and suck it up. I did go cause I didn't want to disappoint my dad, but I felt pretty weak the whole time. Anyways, I'm sitting with my two older sisters, neither of which has experienced a hysterectomy and they're both telling me how so and so went back to work the day after she had hers and I said well I doubt I'll be back to normal that fast, especially if I come home with a catheter like my doctor said I might. When I said my doctor said I'll probably spend the first two weeks in bed healing, they acted like I was crazy and there's no way I'll need to do that. I'm so annoyed! How do they know? Plus I'm having some major repairs done while they're in there. I'm just so mad right now!
I would be too.
Tell them everyone is different, but I have the feeling that they would be too stupid and ignorant to understand.
Unread 09-19-2011, 12:35 AM

They have no idea what I'm going through, plus basically being a single mom during the week to 3 kids and trying to go to school, which isn't working too well for me right now. I don't want to wish anything like this on them, but I do wish they could be more understanding and sympathetic. They act like it's no big deal and I'm sick of it. Luckily we don't see each other very often so I don't have to put up with their stupidity too much. My best friend is having a hysterectomy tomorrow, which is so strange that we got scheduled so close together, but at least we have each other for support and I can help her with her recovery and maybe learn some things that will help me after my own surgery. Thanks everyone for the support and sympathy. I sure as hell don't get any of that around here!
Unread 09-19-2011, 03:50 AM

I did not get any support from my family either! My cousin said to me that I should be back on y feet with in two weeks. Because that is the way it happened after she had 2 c-sections!!!! I tried to tell her that it was not the same thing! She said that I needed to suck it up and get back to my routine because I have children. I stated that I already had that covered because I was following doctor orders. That she did not need to contact me throughout my recovery because I was not going to listen to it! I also did not hear from anyone in my family not even my mother. Well they were all surprised when after my 6 week check up I was scheduled for another surgery because of scar tissue and some other problems. And wouldn't you know....my family wanted to be there for me. I told them not to bother. They couldn't help me before, why would they help me now.
I stayed away from people that seemed to know everything (except on here!!!!) I stayed away from people who were negative. (even lost a friend because of it!) I wanted to stay positive and wanted people who were concerned about my recovery. esides my husband and teenage children I only had 2 other people helping me out! (I also have a 5 yr old!) Ignore people if you have to! Some of the reasons I needed a second surgery is because I had gotten in to a BIG fight with my mom and brother and it caused problems. PLEASE listen to your doc or to what this site has to offer with do's and don'ts!!!!!!! Best wishes to you!!!!!
Unread 09-19-2011, 04:14 AM

Well, I had a TAH/BSO 3 weeks ago, and although most people have been very understanding that this is major surgery, some have compared it to a caesarean.
I have never had a caesarean, and I realise I don't have to contend with looking after a newborn, but hey - I have had all my female organs removed from the cervix upwards, and I assume it's worse than a C-section!?
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:05 AM

Heather I'm so sorry to hear how awful your family acted! I hope you're feeling better now!
I've had a c-section and I've never even thought of comparing it to that! I'm just so irritated with people telling me its not a big deal. I don't even want to be around anyone anymore.
I'm headed to the hospital in a few minutes. I promised my best fried I'd be there when she came out of surgery. I've also been lecturing her DH by text all morning. I'm hoping she'll repay the favor next week!
I love my hystersisters! Blessings to you all!
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
Well, I had a TAH/BSO 3 weeks ago, and although most people have been very understanding that this is major surgery, some have compared it to a caesarean.
I have never had a caesarean, and I realise I don't have to contend with looking after a newborn, but hey - I have had all my female organs removed from the cervix upwards, and I assume it's worse than a C-section!?
I have had 2 c-sections and the TAH was far worse and longer recovery not to mention all the upheaval of emotions and setbacks.....people who have not gone thru it have no idea wat we are going thru....x
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzav28 View Post
Oh sweet heart....

Listen to me...u dont need anyones approval...esp if family are being so dissmissive....im sorry u are going thru this and that they are not as supportive as they should be....dont take it on board because u will need all your energy for recovey....just focus on what needs to be done...and what u need todo before and after your op....GOD is watching and he will support u and love u when u need it....and that initself will be more than wat any human being can give u.....pray to him and he will be with u all the time......I will pray that your family come to see sence and see what u are going thru and will be going thru...if they are not there for u....well thats ok...because u wont need them u will learn from this....just dont take it to heart i know its hard as they are family but u need your emotions and focus for yourself so dont waste it....xxxxxxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register