Scheduled TVH Wondering why instructions are so different? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wondering why instructions are so different? Wondering why instructions are so different?

Unread 09-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Re: Wondering why instructions are so different?

I think the fact that I'm having the same surgery as her next week, but with much more repairs, is scaring the hell out of me to see her in so much pain! Because I know my surgery is going to be worse than hers as far as recovery and I'm really expecting my pain to be under control, but after seeing this today, I'm terrified!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2011, 05:38 PM

My advice is do not read post op until after your surgery or you will scare the hell out of yourself, my husband threatened to block the site from the computer because I kept reading post op stories. Even though someone is having the exact same surgery as you for the exact same reason just remember you are not the exact same person and each one of us heals differently. I wish you all the best.
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:43 PM

Everyone goes through this with a different amount of pain and then again, Julva, your friend may not be in the amount of pain she is claiming. I am saying that because apparently after surgery, I kept complaining of pain and that it hurt. My daughter, as a nurse herself, was very angry that they had sent me up from recovery in such pain. I have no memory of any of this except for shortly after getting to my room, the nurse asked what my pain level was as she was setting up my morphine pump. I remember thinking to myself that "Hey, this isn't too bad, I am at about a 2 but if I tell her a 2, she won't give me the morphine pump and if it gets bad later, I am going to be in trouble". So I lied and told her a 5. That is the one clear memory I have of the whole late afternoon and evening. I apparently whined for hours on end of being in pain and I pushed the morphine button every 30 seconds even though I could only get a dose every 5 minutes. That one memory settles my mind on the amount of pain I really was in even though I behaved in a totally different way. By the way, usually when I am in pain, I get very quiet. The anesthesia really did a number on me in terms of my behaviour and my memory. I hope that your friend is better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2011, 09:49 PM

Thanks. I think she's just having a bad experience. I asked today if she had packing or a catheter and they said no, this doctor doesn't do that. And I understand every doctor is different, but she text me 15 minutes ago saying they're putting in a catheter and she also popped her iv out and got blood all over the place and it took them 4 times to get another one in. I just hope she feels better soon and can go home and get some rest. And I hope I have a much better experience next week!
Unread 09-20-2011, 04:50 PM

Best wishes to your friend...it sounds like her experience has been a series of hardships! I suppose the one way to look at it as it can only get better from here! At least we all hope so!

Best of luck next week to you!
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:14 AM

Hi all

I have been informed it is advisable to take up to 12 weeks off to assist internal healing and to prevent adhesions which can be very painful. So with that in mind, I for one who has not gone off sick in the past am going to try and stay off until I feel fit enough to return.

I have adhesions from past surgery and do not wish to add to them if I can help it, and as far as work is concerned I give a 110 percent when I'm there and know I will continue in the future.

I am seeing the consultant today and will be guided by his advice and will Ask questions if I feel I need to make an informed choice about returning to work.

Just remember you have only on chance to heal !

Good luck and take the time you need to heal and do not feel pressured to return by comparing yourself with others and by what others expect of you.

Bumblebee888
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:44 AM

I also noticed a huge different in how you feel sitting in a chair thinking of things you can do and actual DO these things. :-)

For people who say things like going back to work the next day, I'll ask them if they are doctors.....

Hang in there, the only person who knows how you really feel is you!
Unread 09-26-2011, 11:23 AM

I really love this site. Thank you everyone for your advice and comments. I'm still praying I get a miracle and my insurance sends their approval today, otherwise my surgery will not be happening tomorrow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register