Not Scheduled questions about hysterectomy after novasure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

questions about hysterectomy after novasure questions about hysterectomy after novasure

Unread 09-19-2011, 10:20 AM
questions about hysterectomy after novasure

I had novasure done in march of 2010 due to a blood clotting disorder my doc thought I had. After novasure I started having sever pain on my lower right side in the front (where my ovary is) and it radiates to the middle where my uterus is. Its like I have appendicitis the pain is so bad. They went in my belly button with a camera in november 2010 to see if I had cysts and they found no cause of my pain my ob said the next step was hysterectomy. I have had to switch ob's due to a far move. I want the new ob to figure out if I truly need this done! How many weeks of not being able to care for my children can I expect? I have no one to help me take care of my kids. I'm very scared to have another surgery but I know I can't take this pain any longer. And how do you get your spouse to understand your female pain and be there for you? And if this done will it take my pain away? What are complications of a hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Re: questions about hysterectomy after novasure

I am so sorry you are dealing with this.

I cannot answer your questions regarding a hysterectomy after Novasure, but in general a hysterectomy can be very debilitating. It is both emotionally and physically draining experience. You will probably need help for several weeks. There is a lot of good information on this web site for you to go through, including pre-op information, and hysterectomy check points for after the surgery. These may answer some of your questions. As for your husband, HysterSisters has a husband information section. This might help him understand what you are up against.

I cannot answer if this will take you pain away, you will have to ask your doctor.

Hope everything works out for you. Good luck.

Unread 09-25-2011, 10:35 PM

I've never had novasure but I can relate to the pain you're describing. There is no cause for my pain either, LOL. Some have suggested its all in my head. Whatever. So I'm having a TVH now because my uterus and bladder are trying to escape and she's taking my right ovary if she can get to it, just because I know that's where my pain is. She has said she can't guarantee the surgery will take away that pain but at this point I'm willing to try anything. Good Luck sister!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2011, 06:32 AM

Hi there

I had the Novasure ablation in May 2010, and after that I started experiencing horrendous pains. I suffered taking strong painkillers for over a year, and eventually had a laparoscopy this year which showed no reason for the pain, other than some scar tissue/adhesions. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy in August (but left ovaries with me being 32 and unable to take HRT)

Although everyone is different, I am quite amazed with my recovery. Despite it being an open procedure I have recovered quite fast. One week post op I could be left to look after my 3 kids, aged 7, 4 and 3 (even with my youngest with his arm in a cast)

Although my pain was central and right sided, both my ovaries were left in. I have to say the relief from my pre op pain is fantastic. I haven't had to take painkillers now since 1 week post op, which after having to take strong pain meds daily for over a year I am extremely pleased about.

Everyone is different, but I hope my experience gives you some hope.

Good luck
Unread 09-26-2011, 01:11 PM

I had the Novasure ablation performed Dec of 2010. I too suffer from pain and am now scheduled for a hysterectomy on Oct 12. I have no idea what to expect other than shere relief from the pain that I have been in for what seems like eternity. I wish you the best!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register