All i do is cry!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

All i do is cry!!!! All i do is cry!!!!

Unread 09-19-2011, 12:30 PM
All i do is cry!!!!

Surgery on Thursday, is anyone else suffering from emotional break downs? I dont want to be a cry baby but every time i think of it i cry. My kids are all grown 22, 19, and 15 so i only have to leave one at home why im gone but just the thought of saying bye to my son and husband before being wheeled away crushes me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Re: All i do is cry!!!!

I suffer from anxiety around the idea of being wheeled into surgery as well. The last time I had a procedure I actually asked the nurse if the doctor would be willing to give something for anxiety while I waited in the pre op area. It made me feel less anxious and more relaxed. You're going through a big transition-it's normal to feel anxious, scared and sad.

Best wishes on your up coming surgery!
Unread 09-19-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmv0722 View Post
Surgery on Thursday, is anyone else suffering from emotional break downs? I dont want to be a cry baby but every time i think of it i cry. My kids are all grown 22, 19, and 15 so i only have to leave one at home why im gone but just the thought of saying bye to my son and husband before being wheeled away crushes me.
I understand how you feel - and I was ready for my hysterectomy, I knew it had to happen. That knowledge did little to calm me down, instead I was scared and thought about little else. You are not alone in this.

There are many lovely women here that will offer words of support and ideas. Come back often, ask your questions and know that we will be here to listen, and if you need, to share our experiences with you.

Sending you prayers and gentle hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmv0722 View Post
dmmv,

now I'm going to cry, lol

I don't know how to explain to my loved ones the "feeling" of fearing the unknown.

"will I be all right"
"will the surgery be successful"
"what else might be wrong with me"
"how much pain will I be in"
"why is this happening to me"
"what's wrong with my body"

so sometimes I cry...

I still have two weeks before my date, it hasn't hit me, HIT ME yet. I hope I'm ready when the time comes.

in the meantime, this site is helping me prepare at great deal.

Be strong
Unread 09-19-2011, 02:39 PM

oh dmmv..
don't cry.. we are all here for you. I have two weeks to go and have been such a nervous wreck that I dont think I could cry if I wanted to. Am I scared? yes? it seems to be all I think about BUT I know it has to be done and when I think about all the years of suffering from heavy bleeding and painful periods, I know that I am doing the right thing. Try to focus on the positive outcomes and stay away from the horror stories/bad experiences.. Hang in there!
Unread 09-19-2011, 02:48 PM

Thanx everyone i appreciate the words of encouragement its great to have friends who seem like family here and i dont even know any of you personally!!!!!! Feels good to know others actually really understand me and my pains and fears.
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:11 PM

Ladies, these feelings are very normal. Surgery is very nerve racking. And this is major surgery with removal of an important organ. A double whammy! A hysterectomy is a huge issue. So it is normal that you are concerned.

Fear of the unknown is upsetting. And I cried several times myself before my surgery. While I knew this was for my health, it was still upsetting.

They will probably give you something in the pre-op to help your nerves. You can tell them you are nervous as well. The nurses are very good in pre-op and are so reassuring and professional.

Good luck ladies. Post frequently and often - it really helps. We are here for you.

Unread 09-20-2011, 07:51 PM

I know how you feel. My surgery is thursday and my husband can't understand why I am so emotional. It hurts that they get mad. It makes me even more sadder. I feel so alone but I know he is just trying to make me feel better. Some times I don't need a tough guy, just someone to cry alittlr with me.
Unread 09-20-2011, 08:04 PM

What you're feeling is perfectly normal. I had a surgery earlier this year and felt exactly the same way. I even wrote letters to my loved ones, "just in case". It's a very worrisome feeling. The good news is everything went very well and I opened my eyes to my husband a few hours later. Try to focus on the fact that your health will be improved once your through it. Good luck! I'll be thinking of you!
Unread 09-21-2011, 04:40 AM

Thank you so much. feeling better today. Going to keep my heads up and just enjoy life.

Glad to have this over with soon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register