Scheduled TVH Prolapse/rectocele/cystocele | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Prolapse/rectocele/cystocele Prolapse/rectocele/cystocele

Unread 09-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Prolapse/rectocele/cystocele

Hi prolapse uterus cystocele rectocele

At first I was felt comfortable with the upcoming surgery, but now after reading so much and listening to so many YouTube videos I am concerned.

1. Post Menopausal, concerned when I have my uterus and
cervix taken out it will effect the muscular structure of my
pelvis and cause it to widen.

2. Since I'm post menopausal am I correct in assuming that
weight gain shouldn't occur since my ovaries no longer
produce hormones?

3. Same as above but for hair loss.

4. 10 weeks after surgery, do most women have a sex
drive?

5. cystocele rectocele (large- apparently) repair painful?

All for now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Re: Prolapse/rectocele/cystocele

Am in the same boat and don't see my paddles! Who diagnosed these other problems? Is gyno going to make all repairs?
Unread 09-21-2011, 07:21 AM

First of all I totally understand all your concerns. 2nd my advice to you is to not read post op discussions as it scared me very badly. We each are different and had different surgeries. As far as sex drive that is an individual thing as well. I had extensive repairs although not sure it was the same as yours but I have no pain and I am 6 weeks post op. I have a bit of soreness that is all and it comes and goes. I kept my ovaries and took out my cervix and my uterus, since I was not in menopause before the surgery my doctor thought keeping the ovaries was a good idea. I have not gained any weight and my mother in law who was much older than I when she had hers done did gain weight but she confessed it was only because she ate poorly and too much. We each are different so it is really difficult to say. I wish you an easy surgery and fast recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2011, 07:22 AM

only read post op after your surgery i forgot to mention
Unread 09-21-2011, 07:56 AM

I had to quit reading post-op too!
Unread 09-21-2011, 07:59 AM

Actually my husband threatened to block this site if I didn't as it was really terrifying me, it still does as I read about people who are 6 weeks and needing more surgery and I am 6 weeks so it still scares me but I remind myself that we are all different and I hope for the best.
Unread 09-21-2011, 11:19 AM

HI OKA058!
I am now 6 months post op and will say IT WAS THE BEST THING I EVER DID! I too read all the post ops and scared the daylights out of myself. I also posted in the post ops and now realize it sounded so bad because I was so cranky and tired. I did research online to the point of obsession and had 2nd, 3rd, and million second thoughts. too much info can be a bad thing. Have faith in your DR. and KNOW that each person is different in their recovery. I was freaking out at people who were up and about in several weeks and that was not me. I tried to do too much and paid with extra weeks of down time. Down time meaning longer feeling worn out. I had to learn to accept help--I was stubborn, but when I finally accepted it it was much easier. At six weeks i felt soo much better, then a relapse--I learned that relapse into exhaustion is TOTALLY normal and relaxed and hit the couch for naps when tired---boy did that help! The pain wasnt too bad and the meds stayed on top of it. The gas pains for me were the worst part--I think I bought stock in the gas-ex company--LOL. That stuff works wonders! I actually lost weight during recovery and my pants size went down 2 sizes as the bloating was eliminated. Sex drive came back before 10 weeks--now it is great! That will also come and go but it will be fine! Remember--You only get 1 chance to heal right---so TAKE IT EASY. Learn to sleep when tired, eat when hungry, and take all the offers of help given. You would do it for them right? those who offer will want to do something to make you feel better. after 4 weeks I had a great dAY--feeling good, sunny skies, etc. Decided to drive and do a bit of shopping, a great successs, sohappy and when I felt tired decided to head home for a nap--I was sideswiped on the way home. Thank God it wasnt major but my dr. pointed out I shouldnt have been so ambitious as I had many internal stiches still healing. It was all fine but set me back a few weeks in the recovery process. You will have many moments of feeling great but general soreness is normal, gas pains are normal, and you will discover what is YOUR PERSONAL normal. stay away from post op reports--they are not you. after your surgery than check them for others who are sharing the same experience. All will be well, relax, and enjoy the thought of taking a nap ANY TIME YOU WANT! Feel free to ask hystersisters anything anytime--I live alone at home and after my surgery I was nervous but people came to my rescue and this site was my lifeline! MY best helps--a belly band ( felt great and so helpful--from the walmart!LOL), a rented walker--gave comfort that I wouldnt fall and took in shower--made it much easier to get up and down and walk around the house, ice packs, and GAS EX. Feel free to msg me if you want for details on my story or hyster sisters will be there! PROMISE. Best to you and yours!
Unread 09-26-2011, 01:55 AM

up to now mariposita it is a gyno that is performing the surgery. I am confident that he will do his very best
Unread 09-26-2011, 09:43 AM

My doc told me that he will try to remove as much of the gas before he's done. He tries to do everything he can so that his patients have less post-op pain.
Unread 09-26-2011, 10:47 AM

I also asked him about a video of my surgery or still photos and he said these are not available because our robot is not the 'teaching robot'?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register