One day after lapro- hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One day after lapro- hysterectomy One day after lapro- hysterectomy

Unread 09-21-2011, 08:03 AM
One day after lapro- hysterectomy

I had the procedure done yesterday and not sure what to expect in the upcoming days- physically and mentally. I don't have anyone to help me but my 11 year old son.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Re: One day after lapro- hysterectomy

Hi there,

I had a LSH one week ago today. Physically it's been much easier than I thought it would be -- not much pain, a few bouts of nausea, I'm actually moving around really well and have to keep reminding myself to take it easy because I'm recovering from having an organ removed! I spend most of the day on my own since DH is at work and DS is at school, and it hasn't been a problem. Been doing light housework since coming home on POD2, even did some grocery shopping and cooked a meal yesterday. I started driving again on Monday and it's been fine.

Mentally, it hasn't been too bad, either. Yesterday I kind of hit a brick wall, was just feeling down because I have to be so inactive when that's not what I'm used to. I've experienced worse.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.
Unread 09-21-2011, 08:41 AM

Thank you it does help. I'm a little bent over when I walk but I get around pretty well. I don't do inactivity very well either. I got out yesterday and was on my iPad working. I have a boyfriend but he doesn't seem to be very helpful so I do it on my own...whole other issue. I made the mistake of going to Chipotles after I got out because I was starving, now I have smartened up and am eating a bowl of fruit...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2011, 09:22 AM

I hear ya . . . we went to Culver's last night, I was going to be good and get a salad but the cheeseburgers were calling my name -- seems like it's been forever since I had real food! So I had a burger and fries and that probably wasn't the best idea . . . lol!! Well, how do we know our limits if we don't test them, right? ;-)

Best wishes for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery!! And very gentle hugs!
Unread 09-21-2011, 09:31 AM

Unread 09-21-2011, 10:42 AM

HI Alison1963, welcome to the Sisterhood! This is the best place for you to get all the support and education you can after your surgery. Trust me. I have learned so much. My first lesson was in how to slow down and not be fooled by how good I feel. We are healing from major surgery. The second best lesson was about the abdominal band. GREATEST thing in the world after such a surgery. Some ladies received theirs immediately after surgery and others (like myself) purchased theirs after. The forum has a thread to answer almost every question you have and some you didn't know you had. I learned about why you shouldn't bend over and why you should let the glue stay on your incisions for as long as possible. I also learned why you should also wait 6 weeks or more to have sex. Walking is the best thing you can do at this time to prevent blood clots and to help your healing process. It also helps you feel better when in pain. Add a little more each time you do it and before you know it you'll be farther than you expected.

Listen to your body. It will always tell you what you can do and what you cannot. Rest when you feel tired. Get moving when you feel good. I have been feeling great since coming home the day after surgery and I still feel great. It didn't feel good to be tired as much as I was, however I kept going and listened to my body tell me when to stop. I was afraid to start driving and to get back to work however I did it and I'm glad. Keep reading, learning, and pampering yourself...you will be fine.

HUGS to you...
Unread 09-21-2011, 02:20 PM

Hi Sharon! Thank you to you and to this site. It seems like everyone spent the night. I woke up in recovery at 11:25 and was being wheeled to my car at 12:30. I had everything removed except my cervix laproscopically. What is a band, I know so little it seems..I don't sleep much and sleep even less after yesterday. I'm trying to rest but I.
But it's hard. I took a shower today- was that to soon ( can't take it back, but nice to know that I messed up).
Hugs to all the hystersisters!
Unread 09-21-2011, 04:16 PM

Hi Allison welcome! Mine was TVH and sitting still is killing me, but I have to. My husband and boys help me out but I can't complete a meal! By the time I'm half done I feel like I have ran a marathon! I took a shower yesterday with doctors permission, but my body said "awww naw homegirl, chill out"
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:10 PM

Just take it easy and before your 11 year old goes to school just make sure that you have everything that you need!! I was worried about being on my own after my LAVH but it really isnt that bad! I have had to call my neighbors a few times just for small things but even if I didnt have them to call on I would have been fine!
Unread 09-21-2011, 07:37 PM

Thanks Pink that makes me feel better....I'm really tired but can't sleep...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register