Treated myself | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Treated myself Treated myself

Unread 09-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Treated myself

I just went to my pre op appointment with the OBGYN, I was totaly freaking out before he came in and all we did was sign consent forms and answered questions. I can't imagine how I am going to feel next Thursday. I am having a TAH on Sept 29. When I was done there I went and bought myself a Pittsburgh Steelers (my favorite team) body pillow and a new soft blanket. I don't need the blanket but wanted it for when I get home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Re: Treated myself

Good for you. If there's a time when a treat is well deserved it is certainly now. I am planning on a mani/pedi prior to the big day. Even if I can't see my toes, they might as well be pretty for the surgery team.

You are I go to the Castle on the same day. I am having a TLH and removing the tubes as well (leaving the ovaries). I am feeling less nervous after my pre-op appointment - they made it sound so routine that it took sound of my fears away.

Big hugs and warm wishes.
Unread 09-21-2011, 08:35 PM

Excellent choice in body pillow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2011, 09:04 PM

My surgery is on Sept. 30th, I had my hair cut and styled yesterday and have been buying clothes that will be comfortable for the next couple of months. I also bought a blanket but I am taking mine to the castle with me, I remember how coarse theirs are. Good luck with each of your surgeries.
Unread 09-22-2011, 06:46 AM

Thank you Ladies. Good idea I think I will take mine to the castle as well....
Unread 09-22-2011, 07:05 AM

My DH has been great in almost every respect but men do come out with some weird things don't they? 3 days before my surgery I went to have my hair cut and when I got home he asked me why I would bother going to the hairdressers 3 days before surgery when I was going to be lying in bed in hospital and nobody would see my hair.

Unread 09-22-2011, 07:57 AM

One day maybe they will realize it is not about everyone else but how we, as women, feel about ourselves. My DH doesn't understand either, he wonders why I am cleaning the house top to bottom and cooking meals ahead of time. Sometimes I just want to be mean and say "because I don't want to come home to a pigsty and I want to be able to have food that "I" can eat." But I won't say anything, I'll just continue to cook and clean for me.
Unread 09-22-2011, 08:35 AM

Love, love, love how all of you are treating yourselves to feel good items before surgery! After all we do deserve a little pampering

I have bought some comfy pajamas & nightshirts, warm snuggly socks and a new robe for the castle & for home. I also bought some bigger sweatpants and tshirts from Loft for when I decide to get out of pj's.

Then last night I decided to splurge on some medical necessities... I bought a bamboo bellly bandit, a sitz bath, motherlove sitz bath additives/spray, smartchoices fem pads (ice packs basically) and a foam donut pillow! I have to have a major rectocele repair and and gearing up for that to hurt and what I can do to help ease the pain. Got those all on amazon for cheap.

I love the idea of getting the hair done beforehand, whether or not the husbands understand it... it just makes you feel good!

Hugs & good wishes to you all!
Unread 09-22-2011, 08:58 AM

I most say, I have loved shopping for "stuff"...

Kmart has nighties on sale for $3.99, I tried to clear the entire rank
Unread 09-22-2011, 09:05 AM

Wonderful ideas!! I also brought my own scented lotion and lip balm from home to the hospital with me. It really helped . . . you will be very dry and having my Bath & Body Works lotion instead of the generic watery hospital brand made a huge difference to me.

Do be careful bringing your own blankets, though . . . in case body fluids or anything gets spilled on them!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register