Questions about timeline and surgery day - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questions about timeline and surgery day Questions about timeline and surgery day

Unread 09-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Re: Questions about timeline and surgery day

Sorry -- just read that you are not church goers. But, there may still be a local church that would be willing to help you. It might be worth a call!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2011, 04:03 PM

My insurance approval took less than a day. I did try other options before this surgery and I think that makes a difference.

The hospital I went to required someone to be available during surgery. I'm not sure if that means they physically have to be there. Also they required someone to be there to drive you home. You couldn't take a cab home. Plus, you may want to have someone there with you before/after surgery.

I would contact the hospital to see what their requirements are.
Unread 09-23-2011, 04:19 PM

Hi Posy,
My Mom had her hysterectomy when she was 36 and when she went into surgery she was only expecting to have one ovary removed.
I was always concerned, that I too, would have surgery young, I'm 42 and had my LAVH on 8/14. Mine was full including cervix.
My heart goes out to you that you haven't had children. My sister was never able to conceive her own and resented me for having mine. I wasn't the one directly affected, but my heart was broken for her. I will pray for you and your husband. Remember you're hormones are probably out of whack, let alone grief is all normal and expected. May God Bless you both
Sandi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2011, 05:04 PM

that is a great solution purple posy. Hope all goes well with your plans and preparations, surgery is a breeze and you have a smooth recovery.
Unread 09-23-2011, 06:45 PM

Purpleposy, Im new, too. I am a single Mom of 3 with a wonderful "significant other". I've had a few surgeries in the last year and he has been with me each time but I always found myself worrying about the kids. This time I am reducing both my stress and the kids by having him stay home and get them all off to school. I will ride in with the oldest, and then they all will come after school and work. My surgery is in the morning first thing so by then I will be a bit cleaned up and settled in bed and glad to see them all! I know the nurses will take great care of me till I am joined by my family.
Unread 09-28-2011, 01:31 PM

Well, I got my official surgery date: Monday, Nov. 7. The best news is, my wonderful mom-in-law is thrilled to take off of work for a week+ and come help us out, so the childcare probably is solved! Huge relief.

My husband is equally relieved. I feel so much better with this problem taken care of. Whew! Thank you ladies for all your support. I don't know what I'd do without Hystersisters!
Unread 09-28-2011, 02:36 PM

Rejoicing with you! That is FANTASTIC news!!!!!

Beth
Unread 09-28-2011, 03:26 PM

And my insurance approved everything!! My doctor hopes to do a LSH so my time in the hospital will hopefully be minimal!
Unread 09-28-2011, 04:17 PM

Even better! :-)
Unread 09-30-2011, 08:39 PM

My sister has used nanny services before and done pretty well. Her long term nanny quit a few weeks before the new daycare kicked in so they had a temp nanny for those few weeks. One only lasted a day but the next one worked out ok.

The services screen and seem to be able to produce good candidates for you.

I know I want my hubby to be there if that's where I end up. I too am very independent but I'm really scared of surgery of any kind.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register