Scheduled SAH Soooo nervous and overwhelmed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Soooo nervous and overwhelmed Soooo nervous and overwhelmed

Unread 09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Soooo nervous and overwhelmed

Well here I am. New to the site and nervous as heck. I am anxious and scared, my seven year old is my cheerleader. I am scheduled for surgery next month and just am so informed and confused at the same time. I guess all that I am feeling now will be so worth the benefit of not having heavy bleeding, constipation, pain in my whooo haaa, numbness in my legs and back pain. Just looking for some "ADULT" consilation and help with the best way to navigate this site. My main fear is my sexual relationship with my husband. We are still acting as though we are newly weds and I definitly don't want to loose that loving feeling. Thanks in advance for all of you support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Re: Soooo nervous and overwhelmed

I am new here also and it sounds like we have some of the same concerns. I cant give any advice, but I can share in your pain. My sex life is great right now and I dont want to do anything to ruin it. I have gotten so much positive info from this site and Im so glad I joined. My surgery is in 2 weeks and Im feeling much more confident that my sex life will be just as good after my surgery.
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:50 PM

That's quite alright. I do appreciate the reply. I think I'm making myself crazy and all of family and friends are like oh don't worry about it you will be alright. But they are not the ones going to have the surgery. I don't do well pain. Even when I had my biopsy my doc said 1 to 2 days I should be fine. Well I bled and had pain for a week. Just good to chat with people who can relate and don't make you feel like your a little bit psycho or being a baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2011, 06:36 PM

I had a supracervical da vinchi hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. I was able to keep my cervix because it was healthy and I have never had an abnormal pap. I am also past the age of hvp issues and my daughter is grown. I had uterine fibroids that caused abnormal heavy bleeding, that really caused a quality of life issue for me...
Before I had my surgery I researched and asked every friend I knew that had a hysterectomy...I'm not shy and I asked the questions some people are uncomfortable asking. My main concern is my sex life. I have heard horror stories about not being turned on, to dryness, to pain I freaked out when my doctor told me the solution to my fibroids is to get rid of the uterus. By getting rid of the whole uterus you are left with a vagina "cuff" you lose a small amount of vaginal length. Some people dont ever notice this, however my luck I would notice. I felt very comfortable with my doctor. At first she was going to remove all of it, however she told me it was my decision. I decided to keep the cervix. She told me exactly how things would be done, explained everything to me and addressed all of my concerns. She explained to me that my vagina would not be compromised if I left the cervix intact. I am very happy with the results so far

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register