Anxiety over hospital stay - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anxiety over hospital stay Anxiety over hospital stay

Unread 09-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Re: Anxiety over hospital stay

Thanks for all the advice and reassuring words. I'm a pajama person so not sure what I'll do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2011, 08:11 PM

ENJOY IT! It's the one time you will be totally taken care of. At home I tend to be tempted to overdue, in past surgeries, but at the hospital there are no dishes, no dust bunnies, no pets to feed, nothing whispering your name. After 5 surgeries in 3 years I have learned to just roll with it and totally spend that time in the hospital to just focus on my needs.
Unread 09-23-2011, 09:24 PM

I had an LAVH and stayed 2 nights (the second night was because I was still nauseous and in alot of pain from the darn GAS!!). I brought my own nightie, earplugs...and a sleep mask for my eyes. Also, don't be shy about asking the nurses to close your door if you're a light sleeper. I slept fine both nights. I had pain meds to help but I think my own clothes, the earplugs and the sleep mask really helped. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2011, 10:04 PM

I think that anxiety over the actual hospital stay is one thing that is almost universal for us (((sisters))).

For me, reading the Hyst-Stories forum was really helpful. There you'll find story after story of how surgery went, what it was like to wake up, how the nurses helped, etc. The patient perspective is just so much different!

Of course, none of us here can assure you that you'll be OK, but what I can tell you is that most hysterectomy patients do very well after surgery. Also, many ladies report that they do not stay overnight with robot-aided surgery, so your doctor is taking the extra precaution of giving you a little more time to get on the road to recovery before sending you home. I really think this is a good thing!

Hope this helps.
Unread 09-23-2011, 10:48 PM

Believe me..you will not even think about what you are wearing..I promise. I had a Da vinci on March 7th and stayed over night. (Hey put a catheter in and still had it when I woke up and through the night. The catheter will depend on how your doctor does things..they are all different in their procedures. It was definitely worth it! I had a wonderful summer free of pain and female problems!! Now my life does not have to revolve around pms/pain/bleeding/painful ovulation/ endo anymore! Good Luck!
Unread 09-24-2011, 02:31 AM

Wow, just one night I am surprised! I was in for five nights after LAVH with left tube removal. Mind you I have issues with anaesthetic etc etc. You will be in safe hands and it is for the best they keep you in over night - all the best for your surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register