Belley band or not??? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Belley band or not??? Belley band or not???

Unread 09-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Re: Belley band or not???

Hey...ladies. If you have insurance it could be covered. Mine is. My doctor wrote me a 'script'. Took it to CVS and insurance paid for all of it!! Check with your insurance first, you could be in for a nice surprise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2011, 10:38 AM

Nola70 -- we have the same surgery date, October 19! Let me know when you get the Bamboo Belly Bandit -- that is the one I want to get. I'm interested in sizing. My waist measures 41" which says I should order a medium. I'd like to know if they run big or small, though, because I don't want to get the wrong one!

Thanks,

Beth
Unread 09-23-2011, 11:22 AM

Hi Beth! It actually arrived this morning and I had to get it out & try it I ordered mine Wednesday night really late off amazon & it's already here!

I ordered the large because my waist is at 41 1/2 now, and will only get bigger with the swelly belly. I didn't want it to be too tight right after, especially on top of stitches. When I first took it out of it's little box I thought it was SO BIG, but it actually will work out just fine. It has 6" of velcro to fasten it and right now I can pull it completely tight and then some. The large one measures 43 1/2 inches across from end to end and it's a little bit stretchy. I'm planning on just sewing more velcro to it once my swelly belly subsides and I need it tighter, rather than order a smaller size - but I may change my mind. The bamboo one is really soft!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2011, 02:39 PM

How much was it off amazon? Do I measure underneath my belley button all the way around or at belley button?
Unread 09-23-2011, 02:50 PM

Here's what it says on the Belly Bandit website:

Everybody's body is very different and there is no exact science or guarantee, but we have found the following to be the best way to figure out your Belly Bandit size. Measure the largest part of your stomach. Please choose the corresponding band for your measurement from the chart to the left.

The sizes are:

XS 28" - 32" = 71cm - 81cm
SM 33" - 37" = 84cm - 94cm
MED 38" - 43" = 97cm - 110cm
LG 44" - 49" = 112cm -124cm
XL 50" - 57" = 127cm - 144 cm

Hope that helps!

Beth
Unread 09-23-2011, 03:12 PM

I was given a binder as soon as I woke up from my ABSO. Really made a huge difference. If you can't aford to buy one, ask your DR to order one for you at the hospital.
Unread 09-23-2011, 04:22 PM

I had lavh on 8.16. wish I would have heard about the binder before. I only spent $30 on mine and swear by it! It was comfortable and made a huge difference.
Unread 09-23-2011, 04:31 PM

I am getting a belly binder because I have heard from co-workers who have had hysterectomies and/or c-sections and they RAVE about them. I say better safe than sorry and I want to have all the aids I can that can and will make this situation more bearable. Good Luck Ladies!
Unread 09-23-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissStarlett View Post
How much was it off amazon? Do I measure underneath my belley button all the way around or at belley button?
I found it on amazon for only $60, and it qualified for free shipping. So it was $5.95 cheaper than bellybandit and i didn't have to pay to ship it.. i loathe having to pay shipping on anything

I measure right at my belly button because right now that is the thickest part of me. My pelvic us on wednesday was very long & caused a lot of stress to me and I swelled up and started bleeding. I will say it is really comfy! I had it on for a bit today so I could actually do stuff without things hurting so bad.
Unread 09-23-2011, 06:31 PM

I cannot wait to order mine. I measured and am going to order it this weekend so it is here on time for my surgery in 3 weeks. Oh no 3 weeks is soon. I am trying not to stress to much about it......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register