Scheduled LAVH Getting pretty scared about cervix going bye bye | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting pretty scared about cervix going bye bye Getting pretty scared about cervix going bye bye

Unread 09-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Getting pretty scared about cervix going bye bye

I am wondering if there is any reason to worry about cervix being removed if I have no pleasure in my cervix being touch. I have always had discomfort if the cervix is hit during sex. So I am wondering if it is going to matter if I keep it or lose it. I am reading alot on cervical orgasms...but honestly..my cervix has never been my best friend. Has anyone else been in this situation and how did it turn out. I almost think I may have a better sex life without it..but getting a bit scared after reading of all the ladies who say keeping it is best for sexual pleasure. Thank you in advance for any insight on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Re: Getting pretty scared about cervix going bye bye

I alwayvha issues with my cervix being uncomfortable during sex. I had mine removed with my hysterectomy and sex is better than ever!
Unread 09-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Getting pretty scared about cervix going bye bye

I always had issues with my cervix being uncomfortable during sex. I had mine removed with my hysterectomy and sex is better than ever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2011, 02:11 PM

I am hoping that is the case...as my Dr. said keeping the cervix can actually end up causing post hyst spotting and bleeding. Don't need anymore of that. That's why I am having the dang surgery in the first place! Thanks Lisadoll!
Unread 09-23-2011, 02:18 PM

My uterus had started to prolapse so my cervix was always getting in the way during sex. It's quite nice to find that little pain isn't there anymore from being bumped.

The big "O" hasn't changed much - it's a little weaker but I think it's because I am only 9 weeks post-op. As I continue to heal (and do those darn kiegels) I feel sure it will be as good if not better than before!
Unread 09-23-2011, 02:20 PM

I left my cervix but it never gave me any trouble. I only took out what I needed to. Its really up to you, you know your body the best. I didn't want to lose any of the length to my vagina so that's another reason I kept my cervix. The actual vagina is uneven, once you remove the cervix from hanging down you have to bring together the top and bottom of the vagina and sew it up. you lose a small amount of length. this bothers some women and other its doent cause any issues. I didnt want to take that chance so I left it. Possible spotting doesnt bother me...it was the clots and heavy bleeding that was my problem, removing the top of the uterus fixed that issue.whatever you decide I wish you the best, god bless <3
Unread 09-23-2011, 02:23 PM

I also had my cervix removed and honey, let me tell you. Sex is AMAZING!!!! I didn't realize how much better it would be without the silly thing until...........well, you get the picture. As for the "O", it still works. Just as intense, it feels different, but in a really good way.
And a free bit of advice, even though you didn't ask, pick and chose which stories you read on here. I overwhelmed myself with anxiety about my sex life, all of which was totally unnecessary. Don't let this get to you. Mark your calendar for your 6 week date, get ready to go shopping for your "grand reopening" outfit, set the mood & honey, have at it!!! Take it slow & easy, but enjoy
Unread 09-23-2011, 02:28 PM

You ladies are awesome. I would prefer to have it all gone, as I have had periods that lasted 12 and 13 months at a time. I want to never see another drop! I feel better with every post saying it will be ok! Thank you !
Unread 09-23-2011, 04:55 PM

I can NOT wait for my cervix to be GONE! It is not my friend and on October 27th our lack of friendship will be OVER! That and the clotting and heavy bleeding (severe anemia) can all go to hell! Whew now that I got that off my chest. I agree with MindyKaye don't overwhelm yourself with all these postings. I do not know how it will end but I am prepared for it all and I too have a supportive mate so I am just counting down to the BIG day!
Unread 09-23-2011, 05:02 PM

That October 27th is gonna be a great day! I check in @ 5 am and even with the fears..I am totally ready. I hear ya loud and clear like you are sitting next to me with those complaints. Never ending, clotting, hard flow, severe cramps for the entire cycle, all the different methods of trying to fix it...I would go without sex to get rid of it all! OH and the MIGRAINES!
I love my Dr..... he is the only one I ever found that took me seriously! Good luck..big hopes to October 27th!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register