Scheduled TLH New, getting surgery soon. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New, getting surgery soon. New, getting surgery soon.

Unread 09-23-2011, 06:49 PM
New, getting surgery soon.

Hi! I just found out this week I am having a hysterectomy on October 11th. Just my uterus, ovaries will stay. I have one main fibroid the size of a grapefruit and the lining of my uterus is thickened so my doc wants to take it out whole. Not sure how invasive the surgery will be until surgery.

I've never had surgery of any kind so I'm nervous about that. But so far feel pretty ok about it. I'm so ready to be done with these heavy periods!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Re: New, getting surgery soon.

WOW, same here. Fibroid a bit smaller but I am having a TLH on Oct 7th. I will try and post when I get back home.

A little nervous, battled with some depression and sadness over the whole things but trying hard to focus and be positive.

Had other surgeries over the last few yrs, gallbladder, hallix limitus, (who'd a thought a toe joint could be so painful and take so long to heal!) and a thermal ablation last Sept 2010.

I thought I was doing great..the thermal was awesome and no more heavy bleeding. Heck, no more bleeding..YEA. Then in August I started having cramps, after two weeks saw the Doc, she said I was doing good, no lining, but the fibroid had gotten a bit bigger, about walnut size. Then about 3 days later I started bleeding.... After the appt and before the bleeding I was contemplating the hysterectomy. But had decided to wait. When the bleeding started back I called and said Let's to it. I was done with all this. My surgery date is Oct 7th and I have had cramps every day since Aug 4th. No matter the anxiety, I am ready to get it done. I've ordered my new jammies, a pillow pet, as suggested here, and am making lists like crazy. Get the hair done, nails done, meals prep'd, house clean.....Getting ready!!
Unread 09-23-2011, 07:05 PM

Hello....
This has been a nice place to get info for me... I hope you find it the same...

Surgeries are scary... even if you are like me and have had 3 of them.
I can completely understand the whole "done" with pain and periods...

Keeping you in my thoughts for a speedy recovery...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2011, 08:24 PM

First of all Good Luck! I also am having a hysterectomy that week, Thurs the 13th. I will be doing the Robot version. Hopefully less invasive, less pain, and quicker recovery. I have been off work since Aug 18th...broke my ankle, now this. We can get through it together!!
Unread 09-23-2011, 09:03 PM

Welcome hollyetz! You'll like it here. Great resources, advice, and moral support from many "sisters" with all kinds of experiences. I am having the robotic surgery too! Good luck to you! You'll be just fine!
P.S. Luv2hum is right. Surgeries - especially major ones - are scary. This will be my third one. ( previous C-section with large vertical incision, & ovarian cyst).
Unread 09-25-2011, 05:27 PM

Thank you all! I'm really not worried or anxious about it right now. As it gets closer, maybe after my pre op appointment, I will start to feel nervous!!

I got myself on the prayer list at church and those I told in person were so wonderful, asking me what they could do to help with meals, rides for my girls, or whatever. Makes me feel good knowing I have so much support! None of my family lives here so that is hard. But I have lots of 'adopted' family! And now you all, too!
Unread 09-25-2011, 07:12 PM

I had ny TAH on July 29th. I was scared like you. I had to wait 5 weeks for my surgery date and I put myself through a mental turmoil that I really did not need to do. Try to do something nice for yourself. Exercise if you can, do things you won't be able to do for a few weeks afterwards.
You will all be ok. My 20 year old daughter was in the recovery room right after they brought me in and she said I kept repeating, "is it over."
Try to not worry, have lots of help at home and a place to chill when you need to, and you will need to. I had an abdominal incision about 7 inches long. They put staples in so you need ton have mumu to things to wear. Granny panties are great afterban abdominal incision, or no panties at all.
Now, 8 weeks later I am feuding my horse, going to the gym etc.
Sending hugs
TAH July 29th
Endometrial Ca. Stage 1
Unread 09-25-2011, 07:25 PM

Good Luck to YOU!! I am having my surgery on the 13th of October. I had an ablation, and it "lasted" for 5 years. But like you I am having some crazy fibroids that don't want to go away, so out they will come. My poor uterus has served me well...but has overstayed its welcome Crossing my fingers for you!
Unread 09-25-2011, 07:55 PM

George84. Same here. Thermal Ablation, it lasted a year ,now a fibroid that has been like a constant toothache for almost 2 months. TLH, not sure about ovaries yet, on OCtober 7th

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register