Pre-Surgery Jitters! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Surgery Jitters! Pre-Surgery Jitters!

Unread 09-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Pre-Surgery Jitters!

Just joined this forum. So glad to find ladies in my shoes! I had breast cancer in 2007. Had bi-lateral mastectomy & chemo. I'm scheduled for a hysterectomy Nov. 8th. Scared to death about menapause... I was given Lexapro by my oncologist when my ovaries stopped working for 18 months after chemo. I'm hoping it will help with the hot flashes and other symptoms after surgery. My mom had a really hard time with menapause and ended up on HRT for years. I'm having the hysterectomy because of endometriosis and adenomyosis (sp?). I've already tried all other treatments available to me. A hysterectomy is my last resort. Not looking forward to the changes in my body!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Re: Pre-Surgery Jitters!

I have my surgery next Thursday and I am nervous as well. I have been in a ton of pain. I am excited to have releive but not for recovery. I am having the di Vinci surgery, keep hearing people going home in 24 hrs. I am have all my female stuff removed and fix my bladder as well.

I will keep you in my prayers as well. Good luck in future.
Unread 09-24-2011, 02:42 PM

Thanks! Because my uterus is so enlarged, I'm having the abdominal surgery. I'm getting my bladder done too. My doc said I'll be in the hospital two nights. I'll keep you in my prayers. Will you be doing HRT? I can't.

In my mind I'm thinking I'm too young for this!!! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2011, 04:10 PM

I feel too young as well. I am 34 lol. What is HRT?
Unread 09-24-2011, 04:38 PM

My Prayers go out to all you ladies that your surgeries will go well. I will be having my TAH/BSO on November 7th, and I to am a little scared. I have had problems off and on for over 21 years but this past year has been the worse. Heavy bleeding, pain, bowels problems, nausea, and upset stomach for no reason at all. Went to see an Oncology Gynocologist in August to have my ovaries removed, but found out I have to have everything removed due to risk of endomentrial cancer. My risk is high, and I have started to have some symptons. Since seeing the doctor in August my condition has taken an turn for the worse, I can hardly get up and walk. Sitting is so uncomfortable and I wonder if something is not wrong that I do not know about. When I go back to see my doctor next month I will tell him all that has changed since he saw me last. But right now my only reget is changing my surgery date from 9/19 till 11/7 due to the fact I am having so much pain, but I had to make certain the husband could take off and children straight with school. But we will get through this ladies together.
Unread 09-24-2011, 05:10 PM

I'm new here too. I think it's normal to feel apprehensive. I have already gone through menopause. It wasn't bad for me. I did get hot flashes. I'm scheduled for TVH October 12. I'm concerned about thyroid levels. I had thyroid cancer 20 months ago and had that removed. They just keep taking bits and pieces of me LOL

I'll keep you in my prayers.
Unread 09-27-2011, 06:46 PM

Gugu22 and ksopaints

you. I the pain is unbearable. I have dr one after another me they have never see the pain I am in. I too have a hard time walking even sitting with out pain meds. Even with pain meds I have to take dulidid at night. Bowel problems started this month which just ice the cake. Bladder is not draining correctly. I am nervous to have everything removed because they keep telling me I am too young. I am done with children I have 3 wonderful sons. I now deserve to live my life with them. No one should have to live with this pain.

Prayers to you as well.
Unread 09-27-2011, 08:03 PM

Jla77 GuGu22

I am so sorry you are both in such pain (and anyone else I may have missed) I am having some discomfort, but not unbearable pain. I have prolapsed uterus and bladder and this is why I'm having the surgery- TVH.

I don't know if this was answered yet, but HRT is hormone replacement therapy. I won't be having it, as I am past menopause. I'm 54, so I guess I'm an old lady, although I don't like to think of myself that way.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
Unread 09-27-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jla77 View Post
Gugu22 and ksopaints

you. I the pain is unbearable. I have dr one after another me they have never see the pain I am in. I too have a hard time walking even sitting with out pain meds. Even with pain meds I have to take dulidid at night. Bowel problems started this month which just ice the cake. Bladder is not draining correctly. I am nervous to have everything removed because they keep telling me I am too young. I am done with children I have 3 wonderful sons. I now deserve to live my life with them. No one should have to live with this pain.

Prayers to you as well.
Thank you so much for your prayters they are most apperciated. My pain is so bad I can hardly walk or stand for any period of time. I wake up all throughout the night with such severe abdominal pain. My doctor gave me Tramadol to take, but because I have started to bled it is not working. Sitting down has become so unbearable I am so looking foreward to my surgery date to regain my life back. We have six children 2 girls and 4 boys and with my last child I had my tubes tied so I feel I have been blessed with the family my husband and I have. I will be having everything removed, because I am at risk of endomentrial cancer and been told I should just go and have this surgery so I can be around for a long time. Cancer runs in my family in such high mangitudes . But thanks again for all your prayers and I will keep you informed as to how I am doing. Bless you...
Unread 09-27-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksopaints View Post
Jla77 GuGu22

I am so sorry you are both in such pain (and anyone else I may have missed) I am having some discomfort, but not unbearable pain. I have prolapsed uterus and bladder and this is why I'm having the surgery- TVH.

I don't know if this was answered yet, but HRT is hormone replacement therapy. I won't be having it, as I am past menopause. I'm 54, so I guess I'm an old lady, although I don't like to think of myself that way.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
I am at such an high risk for endomentrial cancer I will be having an TAH/SBO. My pain is so bad and having such trouble now sitting down, walking and standing. Thanks for your care and concern. Not sure if I have porlapsed uterus yet but do have stress bladder and a spot on my kindney. But i am keeping my faith that what does not kill me will make me stronger. Taking Tramadol for pain, but now bleeding and it does not want to work. But thank you for caring and all your support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register