Scheduled TAH Wednesday's getting closer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wednesday's getting closer Wednesday's getting closer

Unread 09-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Wednesday's getting closer

Going in on the 28th for a hysterectomy and a right hemicolectomy. Doctors are removing my fibroids, uterus, cervix, ovaries, and ascending colon. They found cancer in my appendix last month (carcinoid tumor) and I'm worried that they might find more this time.

I'm trying not to think about it all too much. Recovery is going to be tough for me. I am so use to staying active and busy. I can't quite imagine being unable to get out and do much for six weeks.

But my house is clean! I've been cleaning to keep my mind occupied - cleaned out every single kitchen cabinet today!! Plan to hit the living room next.

Thanks for this site! I have learned a lot while browsing here!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Re: Wednesday's getting closer

Peanut63,
Keeping busy before the surgery date is something done by many a wise woman. I was scared before my surgery and I did not have the big "C" hanging over my head or heart. I found the hardest thing was being patient afterward, being patient to allow myself time to heal. Why don't we love ourselves enough to allow ourselves time to heal. I wish for you pure love for yourself. Allow yourself the time you need to heal and take everything one day at a time. Sounds like you are doing great, just be as soft to yourself as you know you would be to others! I have run marathons, done boot-camp aerobics, while working full time and doing my masters-- taking time to just sit and wait is tough but I have finally decided I am worth it. You are too. I will be sending you pure energy on the 28th and looking for you afterwards. Luckily we are not alone!
Unread 09-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Re: Wednesday's getting closer

I had a TAH/BSO on Aug. 30 and at the time it was assumed I had a uterine tumour that wasn't a fibroid and might have been malignant.
So I was scheduled for a pelvic wash and removal of all my bits, but not the more radical surgery you have to have.

Mine turned out to be nothing like what the CT scan showed - an ovarian cyst behind the uterus that was benign. Still I had the cancer fear hanging over me before surgery.
I do think that keeping busy is the best thing you can do. It gives you some sense of control over your life! I was so much helped by all my preparations (living alone).
Keep us updated and feel free to vent your worries!

I will be thinking of you and looking out for your date. Then before you know it you will be "on the other side" and getting better! It takes time, and unexpected tiredness and some pain before the better days start to arrive. But they WILL!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register