I broke down tonight | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I broke down tonight I broke down tonight

Unread 09-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I broke down tonight

I was at my parents house this evening to visit my dad who just got our of the hospital from breaking his ankle and as I hugged my mom good bye I broke out in tears. I am a scared and it all is setteling in. She just held me and told me it would all be ok. Is this normal?

Oh and I have my bagged packed and ready to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Re: I broke down tonight

I think it is very normal. I am still 4 weeks out and I break down a bit here and there....more often as it gets closer. I am expecting to have ups and downs throughout the whole ordeal including post op. I have also read many posts and it is very common to have emotional ups...downs...ins..outs...
Don't stress over the downs, work your way through them for this is how we cope. Good Luck and A speedy recovery.
Unread 09-25-2011, 10:13 PM

Hi Nellann. I think it is completely normal. My husband works out of town & will be home the night before my LAVH (Thursday morning), and we have 3 boys (ages 12, 11 & 6). So I stay very busy... Until today, my Dad had my boys spend the night last night & this afternoon I was washing dishes before they got home when I had my break down. Out of nowhere I started crying, like squalling crying. I guess that was the first moment of peace & alone time that I've had since I was scheduled for surgery almost 3 weeks ago. Suddenly it seems so real. Anyway, sorry for rambling but I wanted you to know your not alone.

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2011, 10:32 PM

Thank you Laurie!!! I am the same way with my girls, they keep me busy so I dont have time to think about it either. I work tomorrow, go for preop on Tuesday and work 1/2 day on Wed. surgery on Thursday. I packed my bag tonight and have everything ready by my bed. I am sure i will have many more breakdowns befor Thursday.
Unread 09-25-2011, 10:37 PM

Aww... I totally understand how you feel! I am going to try to finish laundry & housework tomorrow, pre-op Tuesday & nothing planned for Wednesday. I haven't packed yet. I'm afraid when I do I will have a MAJOR breakdown. I'm just ready for it to be over-with.
Unread 09-25-2011, 11:05 PM

Nellann,
I am 7 weeks post-op. It is very normal. I will keep you in my prayers. This is a life changing event. At least for me it was. Just remember to do what the doc says after surgery and you will be awesome.
Tori
Unread 09-26-2011, 12:08 AM
I broke down tonight

I squalled my eyes out 3 days before my surgury. Mostly because I was scared and then I almost broke down while I was in recovery cause I went from a LAVH to a TAH/BSO. I didn't want to have to from such a large incision. So go ahead and let it out a good cry gets rid of the stress.
Unread 09-26-2011, 03:30 PM

I broke down again after lunch today. My DH said " I dont understand all that weepiness you women do. But it will be ok honey you/we will get thru it. I love you see you tonight" So sweet bless his heart. I am having alot of anxiety over work. I work at a Vet clinic and it is just the dr and I. So I do all the front office stuff and assist him too. I am just worried about him while I am gone. And preop tomorrow. I feel like I want to puke
Unread 09-26-2011, 03:35 PM

Try taking vitamin b-12. It helps keep emotions stable . I take it very religiously . I don't believe it will be enough to make everything better, but it helps one feel stronger. Good luck and don't feel like you are alone. We are all breaking down with you..but it will get better.
Unread 09-26-2011, 03:37 PM

Ok.......

You never hear these kind of stories when older women before us have gone for these....I never knew all of this would go on.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register