tah question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-26-2011, 11:06 AM
tah question

My surgery is scheduled for November 9th. I have a 4 year old with special needs. I have plenty of help after surgery but my daughter is very attached to her mommy. I was just wondering if I would have to go the whole 6 weeks not being able to care for my little one. This is the part that will be most difficult for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Re: tah question

Hello sister

Well everyone recovers at different rates...after i had my TAH i was walking and doing light pottering around at 3 weeks post op...so dont worry too much just listen to your body when u feel tired and achey just rest...but dont over do it...as the first 6-8 weeks are vital for internal wounds to heal....the doctors should tell u this too....u may be able to be more active sooner....so dont worry just take everyday as it comes....u may spend alot of time sitting on the couch where u will be able to care for your lil one...xxxx

hope tht this has helped somewhat xxxx

good luck x
Unread 09-26-2011, 11:55 AM

Yes. I am just worried because she is special needs. She has epilepsy, a brain tumor, and adhd. So she is very difficult. Luckily I do have help. I am also worried because I have trouble letting others do things for me. I usually just do it myself. So I will have to break that habit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2011, 12:04 PM

Oh i see...well as long as u have support u will be fine....I think that during your recovery u will just have to bite the bullet and accept the help that u get....and take watever help that is offered to u...as this will be your only chance to heal properly...u wont get a second chance to heal....make it the best healing process for yourself...then u have the rest of your life to care and love your lil princess...xxxxx

let me know how u get on and if u need any more advice...xxxx
Unread 09-26-2011, 05:38 PM

Thank You for the info. My husband said if he had to tie me down he would. Lol. Just to make sure I heal. I am just going to have to leave things in his and my sons hands. My son is 16. so he should manage. Though he is a mommys boy. Again thanks for the info.
Unread 09-26-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouble0907 View Post
My surgery is scheduled for November 9th. I have a 4 year old with special needs. I have plenty of help after surgery but my daughter is very attached to her mommy. I was just wondering if I would have to go the whole 6 weeks not being able to care for my little one. This is the part that will be most difficult for me.
My surgery for an TAH/BSO is scheduled for November 7th. I also have an child who is 14 and special needs or as we say an special child with needs. My son will be helping him and his brother age 11 get ready for school for three days the week of my surgery since school here will be out on the 7th & 8th. I rescheulded my surgery from 9/19 till 11/7 so I could be more relaxed about them getting off to school okay. The following week I will be home, but still unable to do much except make sure all is well. You wonderful child will be fine just as long as you have wonderful people to care and love her. Maybe you could have her to draw you an picture and slowly find away for her to adjust to your being away. Take this time like I am doing to get all your ducks straight and this will allow you to recovery wonderfully from your surgery. Best wishes to you. And by the way I have also started an calendar so I can count down my days till my surgery and make certain I have everything in place I need. So far it is working out well.
Unread 09-27-2011, 06:19 AM

I have been making plans since I found out. My daughter goes to a special school so we have set up trnsportation from her grand parents house for the first two weeks. I am planning a wedding as well. I will be getting married October 29th. Ten days after that I have surgery. I am lucky I have a wonderful soon to be husband. My 16 year old son is also a big help. Him and his sister are very close despite the age difference. Also the extented family and friends we have are amazing as well. I am very lucky for that. My daughter is afraid of hospitals and procedures though because she herself has been through so much. On the other hand she can always make us smile. I believe all will work out. ( I also thank your for the saying) A special child with needs). I will use that.
Unread 09-27-2011, 07:39 AM

Dear Trouble0907, so glad to see you sent me back an reply, thanks for that. I know my son went through quite a bit when he was four. We had to send him to CHKD for test just about twice a month for about a six months for so. He was always having test done and blood drawn and this caused him to be afraid of needles. He had surgery at four to remove his tonsiles uvla (hanging piece in back of throat) and his adnoids due to sever sleep aphnea. His chances of making it out of the surgery where not very good, but thank God he made it through. Sounds like you have found an wonderful man to spend your life with. I too was blessed with finding that special someone about 27 years ago now. I wish you the very best in your wedding and getting back to your old self also. Hope you can stay in touch. I wish you the very best for your wedding, once in a lifetime we do find that special someone that changes our lives forever. Never lose your FAITH or allow anyone to steal your joy. I cannot wait until 11/7 I am so tired and in pain each day. Blessed to have and understanding husband, we are so luck are we not? Best wishes to you and your family. Hope we can stay in touch.
Unread 09-27-2011, 02:10 PM

Dear GuGu22, Thanks again for the comments. I hope your surgery goes well and I will be joining you in recovery on the 9th. Good Luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register