Scheduled TLH Please reply with your good experience=) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please reply with your good experience=) Please reply with your good experience=)

Unread 09-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Please reply with your good experience=)

I am scheduled for a TLH with anterior repair and TOT for stress incontinence. I have been perusing this site and see mostly bad experiences. Please reply with some good stories! I am starting to freak out thinking I am making the wrong decision!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Re: Please reply with your good experience=)

I know that all of this is really scary. You are embarking on a new journey. I would advise you to look at the articles on TLH.
There are so many good outcomes in there. Everyone is different and all people recover differently. I will be having my TLH on Monday. It is the best thing for me so that I can live the rest of my life without unpredictable heavy periods, constant abdominal cramping, back pain and the fact that I am not a nice person when I am in pain. I wish you the best and if you need a shoulder to cry on, I am here.
Unread 09-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Re: Please reply with your good experience=)

I had my da Vinci assisted TVH on Sept. 6th. Doctor said surgery went like a textbook procedure and so far my recovery has been pretty smooth. I am 3 weeks post op today and I returned to my office job last week. I haven't had any problems with work except that I am eshausted everyday when I get home. Although I am working, I am taking the elvator, no lifting and still taking it easy. I would suggest to take off as long as possible, if I had more paid leave available I would have stayed home longer.

I haven't had very much pain at all and wasn't really in pain when I woke up after surgery. Of course I would say the "help yourself" morphine pump had a little to do with that. LOL I wasn't knocked out all evening though, I had visitors and was awake and talked to them when they were there.

Best of luck!! I don't regret my decision at all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register