Had Pre Op today. Getting real nervous about now. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had Pre Op today. Getting real nervous about now. Had Pre Op today. Getting real nervous about now.

Unread 09-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Had Pre Op today. Getting real nervous about now.

Well Ladies:
Today I had my pre op. I was told I would be having a total hysterectomy. They are going to save the ovaries if possible but my doctor thinks its doubtful. Got all my instructions, made mental notes, putting a bag together and still lost. I guess I won't really get it until its said and done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Re: Had Pre Op today. Getting real nervous about now.

Well, I have to say I felt a bit reassured by my pre-op. because I met pretty much everyone on the "team" who would be dealing with me during the surgery, and I was able to ask all the questions that still bothered me.
NOT that that takes away the fear, of course.

The day before my op., however, I felt surprisingly calm! I kept really busy preparing as much as I could because I live alone and knew I was going to lose all my "bits" - cervix, uterus, tubes, ovaries, so fairly major! At that stage I also had a possible chance of cancer hanging over me, too. (Thankfully a benign cyst, not the uterine tumour that an ultrasound AND a CT scan seemed to show!)
Anyway - here I am at week 4 post-op. and recovering well.
It's not a walk in the park, but if you are really sensible about resting and avoiding all the forbidden things, and just doing some walking by way of exercise, you will soon be on the road to recovery.
My surgery experience and hospital stay (5 days) was as positive as such things could possibly be and I was given heaps of helpful advice, and plenty of kind, caring, cheerful attention!

I wish the same for you! Soon you will be on the road to recovery, too!
Unread 09-29-2011, 09:31 PM

I am so sorry you are feeling lost, but this is completely normal. This is major surgery with a loss of an important organ. It is hard to let go of this, I know. Hopefully, you can keep your ovaries.

Sometimes, it takes a while for the emotional part of you to catch up with the situation. It was that way for me too. I can often split like that in these types of situations. That is okay, too. Just process this surgery as you need to.

We are here to support you. This site has a bunch of wonderful, strong women who can offer all kinds of insight. Post as often as you need.

(((HUGS)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2011, 11:13 PM

I sympathize yvonnewiggs. My preop is Wed and surgery friday. I was a mess a few weeks ago but have really surrendered to my decision. I ready to get it done and get on to the healing!! Get on with my life. While you are making the decision and waiting for surgery day it seems like your whole life is revolving around that one event. I'm ready to move on to the rest of my life.

Best Wishes and speedy healing!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register